What's new

Work change means no more EdT, need scented balm rec's

I am a clinician (PA) at our local community hospital, for the last three years I have been in a non-clinical role, and during that time have discovered and enjoyed EdT as part of my post shave experience.

I am returning to a full time clinical role; being with sick patients means no more strong scents from me (as patients can often be sensitive to such strong smells when they themselves are not feeling well already).

I find that scented balms can often be subtle enough that only those real close to me can pick up on them and do not effect the patient; besides, my wife likes the more sublte tones.

I was looking for some new brands and wondered what others experiences were; I may try DeLuxe's new Atom Balm released today (so comments on these would have to be limited to the quality of their soap scents), I was looking at Cold River Soap Works balms as well, as their scents seemed intriguing. Too bad Chiseled Face couldn't put Summer storm in a balm.

Any other recommendations?

Just for reference, I do already enjoy Body Shop Kistna and that is one that stays nicely subtle. Their Arber is nice in the winter too. And I like Pacific Shave Works and Nivea Sensitive balms, but wanted to mix in some scented on some days.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Stirling has balms with many of their scents. They also do witch hazel and alcohol AS splashes that are quite nice.

Either everyone agrees with you, or they didn't make much, all of them are sold out! Any chance you'd like to share (just kidding!)

Yesterday was a huge 22% off sale, and they're not taking any orders for the next week or two as they're moving to a new location.

Some of their balms are available on Italian Barber and Maggard Razors though.

I am a balm man, myself. In my rotation of 6 or 7, the mildest scents are Caswll-Massey Almond and BathHouse Spanish Fig & Nutmeg. Both are excellent in the therapeutic aspects of a balm, as well.

Issey Miyake Pour Homme aftershave balm is lovely. A superb scent that is subtle yet enticing to those up close, probably why my wife loves the scent.

proxy.php

I recommend skipping "already scented" balm and opt for unscented/lightly scented balm instead...

That way, you can mix in a few drops of your favorite aftershave or a spritz (or two) of your favorite cologne into your unscented balm. Viola! Instant scented balm where you can control the sillage and projection. Too strong? Cut back on the number of drops. Going this route also allows you to never worry about clashing scents. I have 4-5 scented balms where I can only use them with their matching aftershave splashes...I never go this route again.

Product-wise, take a good look at Nivea Sensitive Aftershave Balm and Every Man Jack Unscented Post Shave Balm

Top Bottom