What's new

August 2015 Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got this on the 'bay...for $12.00 shipped. See if you can spot WHY I bought it :001_cool:

$$_57.jpg

There are still good deals on the bay!

Because that is an unused schick, not a Trac ii.
Nice find!

Yep! :) AND it does still come with the Trac II Demonstrator handle, which is just an all-plastic Trac II. My dad uses Trac II, I'll offer it to him to keep in his camper if he is interested. I assume they are still usable?

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
Thanks. I don't use a DE but it was cool and cheap and if I ever get around to making a display case it will look nice in it.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I went out looking for fountain pens and straight razors, but sound this '65 SS Flair Tip for $6 at a local antique store, instead:

It cleaned up nicely:

Spent a few hours picking through someone else's treasure and stumbled upon 3 that I claimed as my own. The Slim was in the worst shape I've seen for a razor, but for $2 I was curious enough to see what might be underneath the scum. Check the second picture for the cleaned up slim.

The Fatboy and Single-Ring were much cleaner though not as cheap. I paid $8 for the fatboy and $5 for the single-ring.

$Flea Market Trio.jpg$Slim.jpg

$KIMG0271.jpg

Newbie, here. If I've wandered into the right thread it was purely by accident. As my wet shaving journey has just begun, all my acquisitions are new.
Still hot from the hands of the USPS, my new [to me] Brandt model 100. Manufactured between 1911 & 1916, it's an antique.
I don't know how it handles, yet. Gonna park the shavette and take it for a spin this evening.
I'm pleased with the VDH Deluxe soap, and bowl that came as a set. Their brush is my favorite of the three I own.
The aftershave, Barber Shop Aid, has all the right ingredients to make my after care happen. The lime scent works for me.

After bumbling around in several other forums, I'll get with the program and see what other folks have opined about my current new gear

Prado,

How do you like the PREP? I've heard good things but only on the websites that sell it.
I've only used it as a preshave but I think it can be compared to proraso. I like both of them a lot, including their price!

$20150822170333.jpg
Some new hardware:
Semogue 1460, Semogue 1438, Polsilver SI (20), Wilkinson Sword(25)

Some old hardware:
Rubberset 100 and a 200-4 (a rescue. couldn't let it get tossed), and a 40s Superspeed (Y4)
$20150829075920.jpg
Some software:
Port-au-Prince, Sharp Dressed Man, Bergamot Lavender (sample), AS sampler; Sandalwood,Bonaparte, Bay Rum, SDM, and a lovely free sample of Executive man bath.

Lets not forget the .50 cent spice rack at the garage sale to hold the unavoidably growing brush collection.:badger:

Lost all control this month

Shaving Soaps

*Czech & Speake No. 88
*Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge (x2)
*Strop Shoppe Austin
*Strop ShoppeTeakwood
*Dr. Jon's Savannah Sunrise
*Wholly Kaw Vetivertal

Aftershave Lotion

*Fine American Blend
*Country Frozen Vetiver

Status