What's new

fine accoutrements angel hair synthetic brush

I was on holiday last week in America and managed to source a fine accoutrements angel hair brush.
To those that have not heard of this brush yet, it is a synthetic knot, possible/apparently a Muhle knot.

Anyways I have never tried a synthetic brush before and there seems to be a lot of noise about synthetics knots being amazing. For 20 dollars I thought I may as well try one for myself.

Upon inspecting the brush the bristles seem really soft with good backbone, I was worried though that its wasn't quite enough back bone for my liking as mostly I use a boar brush and face lather.
I used it yesterday with a new soap, I did want to use it with a familiar soap so I new just how the brush would work in terms of water retention but I was too excited to use both.
My judgements about the backbone not being enough were totally wrong. The brush help up great for face lathering, held enough water to my knowledge as I got a great lather from the new soap. Although it has lots of back bone the tips were very soft still.
I'm very impressed with this rush as it performed just as well as my boar and badger brushes which did not fully expect. Its only had one use so far so I may be jumping to far ahead but so far so good.

The knot is quite small at 20mm but its the perfect size for myself and face lathering, its probably great for bowl lathering too but I shall find that out for myself in due course.

This has put me firmly on the synthetic band wagon

$image.jpg$image.jpg

I got mine in Sat. The knot was smaller than I thought it would be but it is a lather monster. I have used it for two shaves and it has performed wonderful with Stirling and Reef Point soaps.

Mine works very well, too, although I prefer the greater backbone of a boar. But for $20 it's a great deal.

Now that these knots seem to be freely available, we're seeing a number of very good brushes made with them at much nicer prices than in the past.

Top Bottom