What's new

Connaught Shipping Times

For those in the U.S. who have ordered from Connaught Shaving, how long did it take for your orders to arrive? My order of D.R. Harris sandalwood aftershave milk was shipped eleven days ago, and I'm still waiting. I know overseas orders can take time; one time I ordered a razor from England that took over a month to show. Connaught says to wait 25 days before contacting them about no-show shipments, so obviously I'm not in crisis mode yet. So, while I cool my heels and grit my teeth, I just thought I'd see what others' experiences have been.

My experience with Connaught is that they ship very quickly (and their European delivery is very fast). So if the shipping takes long, I suspect the package is held temporarily somewhere in the middle (US customs?).

Good luck!

Thanks for the feedback. No doubt my order is in transit somewhere, likely customs. I can't fault Connaught. They shipped the same day I placed the order. It's just one of those things that happens occasionally with overseas shipping. Unfortunately, despite Connaught's service, things like this become a disincentive for future purchases. I used to order from English vendors fairly regularly, until a couple delayed or missing orders soured me on the experience. This is the first overseas purchase I've made in years. Now I remember why I'd stopped.

Last edited:
Royal Mail flies parcels with BA. The closest to you airport where BA airplanes land is where the package sees customs. And the customs are not in a rush, you know that...
Overall very fast service with Royal Mail for me. But my parcels fly from London to Vancouver directly. And the local CBSA deals fast with my stuff at least.

I've ordered from Connaught several times. One time it only took 7 days and the next time it took 13-14 days. Unfortunately, there's a lot of variability, almost all of it due to customs. Sometimes it clears in a few days, other time it sits for a week, and other time it clears customs but still takes 3-4 days before it gets its next progress scan. I wouldn't be worried yet. Although I wish that Connaught would use a tracking number so that we can keep an eye on our packages. Almost every other package that comes from overseas has a registered mail tracking number. It sucks when I have to go and sign for the package, but it does take off some stress from not knowing when it will be delivered.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I've ordered from them several times, two orders arrived in about a week, one took almost 3 weeks, one never showed up, which they made good. Customs is the great unknown as mentioned, they dispatch things quickly

As long as the vendor ships quickly (in my own experience Connaught always has) it all depends on two of the slowest and most inconsistent entities known to Americans: US Customs and USPS.

Although I wish that Connaught would use a tracking number so that we can keep an eye on our packages.

I could have paid for a tracking number, but it would have added nearly $12 to the shipping cost, which would have defeated the purpose of going through Connaught. For that price, I could have ordered from West Coast Shaving and had it a week ago. $50 (WCS price with shipping) for a 100 ml bottle of balm is a bit steep for me; Connaught's $38 shipped was a much better deal on paper. But patience has its own price.

Thanks for all the replies, gents.

I ordered a brush from Connaught in April. As others have said, they shipped it out very quickly. I think it was 3 weeks into I saw it. (Thanks customs!) The package arrived in good shape and the product was perfect. I guess one has to decide whether they have the patience to save a few bucks. (I think I got a $70 brush for $40 shipped.)

My order arrived today, making the official transit time to the US west coast 14 days after dispatch. That's longer than I expected, but at least it's here. The product was in perfect shape, too, so all's well that ends well. Thanks again for all the responses.

Top Bottom