What's new

New to B&B

Hi everyone, I'm from Eastern CT and am new to the forum. I am interested in traditional wetshaving because, from what I see posted here and in other places, it seems fascinating to me. Although I currently use disposables and foam/gel, I am seriously considering investing in a vintage DE razor. I would also like to search for an inexpensive shaving brush and soap or cream set. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Welcome to B&B!

If you want to consider a good vintage starter kit, check out Garry's Sample Shop.

If you would rather go a la carte for a brush, Omega boar brushes are inexpensive, and Whipped Dog also offers great, inexpensive brushes in boar, badger, and synthetic. You might want to do some research to figure out which type of brush you want to try first.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Welcome to B&B! I'd start thinking about a Gillette Super Speed if I were you, it's a great starter to vintage.

Hello and welcome to B&B. Great to have you here. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

For inexpensive brush and cream, consider Semogue or Omega boar brush and a cream like C.O. Bigelow or Musgo Real. If you have a Bath & Body Works store close by, they sell the Bigelow.

Also, most Rite-aid stores carry Real Shaving Company shave cream in a plastic tube.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard! You couldn't have chosen a better place to answer any questions you have about getting started with wet shaving. There is a wealth of knowledge on this site and amongst its members.

Top Bottom