What's new

The Adventures of Rust Boy

Rustboy left a terrible path of destruction in his wake, but gladly Cap and Chris were able to diagnose the BORG infection and cure him. Great thread - and kudo's to the two DOCTORS for the cure. Keep us posted and pix of your first shave with RUSTBOY.

Wow, just tuned into the thread today, so I didn't get to experience the edge-of-your-seat tension during the quiet wait periods. But Rust Boy turned out magnificently! He definitely had a Boba Fett motif going at the beginning :)

Look what I found in my mailbox on Friday....

$IMG_20150828_160150435_HDR.jpg

Seeing Cap's name on the front, I sprinted into the house, excited, like it was Christmas morning.
Packaged up nicely. It even had Rust Boy's name on it.

$IMG_20150828_160253161.jpg

Annnnddddd........

Ta-da!!

$IMG_20150828_160601893_HDR.jpg

Rust Boy is shiny and new. Loaded him up on sunday morning (I wanted some growth for Rust Boy to tackle) with a Gillette Platinum on day #8, soaked my trusty Boar brush, loaded with modern Williams and had what can only be described as the finest shaves I've ever had. Zero irritation, zero nicks, zero weepers. Smooth and perfect. Amazing what this razor can do when its tuned up to factory settings (thank you, Cap......you are truly a vintage razors best friend). I now have a new daily driver....and his name is Rust Boy.

Here's Rust Boy next to my other G1 (which won't be getting much use)...

$IMG_20150828_160825686.jpg

Chris' work really shows here. (If you ever need any replating work done, I can't recommend anyone but Chris at Razorplate.com)

Here's a nice solo shot of Rust Boy.

$IMG_20150828_160639598.jpg

His missing endcaps are testament to the hard life he lived. He may shine brightly on the surface, but he's Rust Boy to the core and he's a survivor.

Thank you, thank you, thank you to Chris and Cap. This rescue couldn't have happened with out your fine skills and your help. You both provided me with tons of information in the beginning that made the decision to save Rust Boy an easy one. The status emails along the way kept me excited and updated, not only about how everything was going, but how the sausage was actually made. Its a labor of love what you two do and I've learned more about each of you and about what you do....and I appreciate your skills more than ever. I am fans of both of you, not just as razor rescuers but as gentlemen.

I also want to thank everyone that posted here on this semi-silly thread. I tried to keep this thread fun and light and I hope (if anything) I made you smile at some of the silliness. Some of you played along (and that made me smile) and everyone had great advice and suggestions about Rust Boy's fate. I'm glad I went this direction with him....he didn't deserve the mistreatment he received from his previous owner. Rust Boy will live a long life. He will be my trusty companion most mornings and he will receive the finest care I can give him. And some day.....many decades from now....I will pass him down to a grandson and the legacy will continue.

He looks Great, and I love the missing end caps. Don't ignore the other one though he looks beautiful too.

Top Bottom