What's new

Best Sandalwood ?

I've only tried one sandalwood by Art of Shaving. Pricey but it is a fine sandalwood cream. I've also heard many great things about the TOBS.

I am a huge fan of both TOBS Sandalwood and Captain's Choice. Both are really great and I can never make up my mind which is best. Both are on different ends of the spectrum of the sent. TOBS is more in the perfume/cologne end of the Sandalwood smell and Captain's Choice is a bit sweeter, more natural but not earthy. This probably makes absolutely no sense at all. Hey who care...I still like them both. :laugh:

I've tried both the AoS and the TOBS Sandalwood...The smell from AoS I like better, but the TOBS Sandalwood is better quality, in my mind. I can use less of the TOBS to get a better lather, which feels better than the AoS, but who knows, maybe it's a YMMV for me? I just know I'm slowly becoming more of a TOBS user. LOL

Only tried 2 Sandalwoods: TOBS (Soap Puck) and many years ago Cyril R Salter Cream. In Indian Sandalwood.
Not much help here but both are excellent...I would say the cream smells slightly better than the Tobs soap.

AoS

I also had some Salter years ago that was fine.

AoS by far.

I've only tried Proraso and AoS. The AoS has a stronger scent, but I find both to be pretty nice.

I've only tried one sandalwood by Art of Shaving. Pricey but it is a fine sandalwood cream. I've also heard many great things about the TOBS.

I think both of these are great.
What they said! AoS is tops but too pricey for me. Prorasso is fantastic. I've heard great things about ToOBS. Stirling soaps sandalwood is also very good. I make über lather with the prorasso red cream, glycerin, and Stirling.

Top Bottom