What's new

Man Shaves Beard Off After 14 Years, and Family Reacts in Shock

Ok, it's an advertisement for a six bladed cartridge razor made and sold in Israel, but the article linked below is interesting, and the ad--actually a 3 minute mini-documentary--makes compelling viewing.

http://www.adweek.com/adfreak/man-s...amily-reacts-shock-remarkable-razor-ad-166112

$super-pharm-my-new-face-hed-2015.png

What a great ad.

1.) I want that kid's puppy lunch box.
2.) His wife's reaction--"I feel like I'm cheating on you"--is hilarious.
3.) I wonder if the hardliners will now accost him for shaving.

P.S. Anyone else think of Jeremiah Johnson?

Last edited:
I went through the same thing 25 years ago! I'd had my mustache since I was 16, and my wife had never seen me without it, neither had my kids.

We were visiting her parents when I decided one morning to shave it off. My wife wasn't awake, yet, so I went to the guest room and sat on the edge of the bed to wake her up. Wrong move! She opened her eyes, looked, and then screamed at the top of her lungs, thinking there was a stranger in the house and she was about to be attacked. Her parents came running into the room to see what was wrong. It took my wife's brain a couple of minutes to wake up and for her to finally recognize me <LOL> My 3 year old daughter wouldn't talk to me for 3 months - 3 months!!!

I have a mustache, now....

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
That's nothing. Wait until you see their next video- Woman picks up check after 14 years, family reacts in shock.

I have never shaved my mustache, so I wonder how people I know would react if I ever did shave it. I have a circle beard, and I have shaven off the goatee part a couple of times and a lot of people will see me and say, "hey, when did you grow a mustache?" It's pretty weird.

ks6c, 3 months! Man that's crazy.

Reminds me of what my mom's reaction was the day I shaved.

I sent her two pictures:

Before
$image.jpg

After
$image.jpg

She thought I was pranking her and it was a bald cap.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 90
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
I actually decided, last time I shaved it all off, I never would again. Yeah it makes me look younger, but I don't know who is in the mirror.
However, things like this remind me of an old movie about a few Brits in Hong Kong, and a man shaves his mustache. His family doesn't acknowledge it, but starts treating him really badly, and thing just... fall apart for the man. He runs away for a while, but after returning he goes to a hotel to sleep. He wakes up, his mustache has regrown and his family and friends are all acting like nothing every happened - just happy and loving. Nobody ever acknowledges that period of time he lost his mustache. I can't remember what the movie was, but it was sort of good. :)

What a great video. The clueless Dad and his "you were masculine before and now you're handsome" and his wife's reaction are priceless. Reminds me of that All In The Family episode when Gloria came home with a brunette wig and Meathead got all hot and bothered and begged her to wear the wig to bed.
"You're cheating on me without cheating on me"

Top Bottom