What's new

The back 40

Sometimes there is nothing better than sitting on the back patio and enjoying a nice slow cigar...

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438138226.713817.jpg

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
My porch is in the front, but otherwise agreed.

:laugh:

When I was younger, my grandparents had a house with a porch that wrapped around 3 sides of the house. It is my dream to, one day, have such a house- just follow the breeze.

I agree, I dragged a clamp light out there to clamp to the patio cover support so I could enjoy a book and a cigar with come Glenlivet last night. Sadly, the cigar I was smoking, a Gurkha Double Maduro, was a disappointment, didn't draw well at all and didn't taste like anything.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I have a covered back patio. It's more like my back 14, but I love it. In Portland, I use it year round for smoking. Nice to have some quiet time outside every evening after my son goes to bed.

I don't need a mansion, just a great porch. Porches used to be the focal points of neighborhoods- it is sad how that has changed.

Amen, Owen! I agree. You could walk down the street and all your neighbors would be on their porches, happy to see you. Sadly, those days are dwindling fast.

We have a lovely raised front porch / verandah. The neighbours wave to me as they walk by. I wave back, pipe in hand. :)

We have a lovely raised front porch / verandah. The neighbours wave to me as they walk by. I wave back, pipe in hand. :)
My wife and I have dreamed of a front porch. In town there are many old homes with wrap around porches. We even considered adding one on our present home. Did add the white wood picket fence about fifteen years ago, though. Now I sit in the front yard with the dogs in my new 1960s retro lawn chairs, cigar or pipe in hand, and wave to the neighbors. Life ain't too bad.

My wife and I have dreamed of a front porch. In town there are many old homes with wrap around porches. We even considered adding one on our present home. Did add the white wood picket fence about fifteen years ago, though. Now I sit in the front yard with the dogs in my new 1960s retro lawn chairs, cigar or pipe in hand, and wave to the neighbors. Life ain't too bad.

No it isn't. Congrats on your well deserved serenity.

Top Bottom