What's new

What is your most dominant Acquisition Disorder?

As I read the forums I tend to notice trends. One trend that seems to come up over and over is that, generally, most shavers have one acquisition disorder that seems to dominate. I am quite content with my limited number of razors, one type of blade, and I have 4 brushes. I make my own pre-shave oil and I use witch hazel and shea butter or coconut oil post-shave. And I will likely not replace any of the above until something needs to be replaced….but soaps and creams…that's my AD.
proxy.php

What is your dominant AD? (one or more...)

Razors
Blades
Brushes
Soaps
Creams
Pre-shave product
Post-shave product
Skin Care Products
Shaving bowls/mugs

ALL OF THEM

First it was shave soap, then Aftershave, then bath soap, then brushes (RIP wallet), then more soap...

This week i bought 8 soaps, 2 aftershaves, and 2 brushes. Im already looking for another brush. I am going to buy a Frank Shaving brush for my daily driver.

I think i need a support group

vintage aftershaves - just can't help buying any boxed examples I spot on eBay... bought a large bottle of Jade East this week. Hai Karate Oriental Lime keeps eluding me, though I've managed to find Oriental Spice

I am sure most of us have or will go through the "AD cycle". I cycled through vintage razors, soaps, brushes (minor), aftershaves..........and now colognes.

Primary is razors. Secondary is soaps/creams. Tertiary would be aftershaves. Quaternary is brushes. 100+, 40+, 30-ish and about 10 if quantities were involved. I do have a fairly extensive collection of ephemera. Mugs, old bottles, bowls, tins, etc. I am not sure how to classify that. I do only use one brand of blades, but I have several hundred of those.

I've got a fever.......

The sabbatical has surprisingly kept me in check. The last thing was soaps. I think I currently have somewhere in the high 50s.
2016? I feel as AS disorder thinking about rearing its ugly head. It's the only thing I don't have in ridiculous numbers.

Soap Acquisition Disorder, definitely.
Only have two Razors that I regularly use, a Maggard MR5 that I swap the Maggard head for a DE89 head when I'm in the mood. Only have four or five aftershave splashes and balms that I use, but I have fifteen or more soaps and creams that I rotate.

Uhhhhh..... Aftershave. There's a reason they made me Steward of that place!

And all you brothers who also said Aftershave.... I want to see you posting more in the forum! LOL

For me it's definately razors and I'd say blades to an extent. It doesn't matter if it's a cartridge blade for my Fusions or a sharp DE blade for my 4 safetys. If I had more $ I would like to own maybe 6 more safety razors and possibly a few straights. I don't see the need to own anymore than 10 razors of any kind. Seems like overkill to me if you have more...I'd get an OCD tick that I wouldn't be able to use them all even if I had a rotation routine if I had more than 10..:w00t:

Top Bottom