What's new

What is your most dominant Acquisition Disorder?

Blades. I can't get enough blades. And I'm stingy when it comes to using them. I have probably horded 400 Feather blades in my closet! I enjoy receiving them in the mail. Sick!

hotwheels

I don't think I really have any ADs, or at least my acquisitions are not disorderly.

I have a few razors that I actually use, the rest are now stored as part of my collection, same with mugs. I don't have hundreds of blades, just what I need and I will buy more once I start to run low. The most blades I have ordered were 50 GSBs, more than enough to finish out the year. I have two brushes, one boar and one badger, that I am content with. I only have a few soaps and creams and, although there are few others I want to try, I'm not in a hurry to do so. I have a few aftershaves that I rotate through, but keep them to a minimum and seasonal.

My hobby side of this is a little different. I'll pick up relative items if the price is right and they interest me and add them to my collection. I have a pretty decent collection of razors, mugs, and other things (nowhere near some of you guys, though). Maybe I have a hobbyist acquisition disorder?

Last edited:
Aftershaves followed by hair tonic seem to be my regular buys. Soaps and creams, not so much now that I've nailed down three or five I like and I've got all the razors I need to keep me happy. Blades...about 350 Personna Blues and about 80 GEM single edges...I'm good there, too.
Bra Ha Ha! Aww, who am I kidding? My wife is scheduled to go to Germany on business in about a month and I've already made up a shopping list of soaps for her to pick up.

My AD's are generally software - creams/soaps, and aftershaves. I've been DE shaving for a little over a year now, and only have 2 razors and 2 brushes (my starter "test set" and then the razor/brush I use on a daily basis). I have thought about acquiring one more brush specifically to use with soaps, since my brush is a bit softer...thinking a bit of a stiffer brush would be better for hard soap pucks. I don't see myself getting a huge brush collection though. As for aftershaves, that's a different story.

This month, it's after shaves. I have a set of samples I'll be working through. Hopefully that will save some money. But in previous months I've had SAD, BAD, and RAD.

Soaps and Creams.
I decided long ago that I NEED to try them all.
Years ago when I started shaving there was a limited selection of soaps and creams...now it is so different. There are so many incredible products from which to choose. I, like you, feel the need to try them all...

For me it all about the hardware (vintage razors)in the last 5 months I've been hitting all the antique shops junk shops and flea markets. I now have 3 fatboys, a ball end tech, Ever 1912, Gem Damaskeene, Gem flying wing, 8 straights and 2 Wecks. All I have is a VDH boar brush, and as far as software, VDH soap, generic witch hazel and I just bought Nivea sensitive AS balm.

Its def soaps for me and AS a close second especially if they have matching scents I'm a sucker for a soap with a matching AS

Top Bottom