What's new

number of scores online arrived today = one big score (lots of pics - ID help please)

While I was at work the postman came with 4 pakages from online buys from the last week or so and I've made a special effort to make less abysmal photos this time.

First up.

an absolutely gorgeous ever ready scary set in immaculate condition. I was the only bidder and I felt a bit sorry for the seller. The handle really is a masterpiece and deserves a lot more respect than my one bid gave it.

$IMG_1587 (Medium).jpg$IMG_1588 (Medium).jpg

Next up.

From the fabulous Alexis in France, a VERY cool person to chat and deal with.
A mismatched tech/in a very nice ABC case. Another scary ornate bacon slicer.

$IMG_1590 (Medium).jpg

This little fellow that i'm not too sure about. a 30's new maybe?

$IMG_1603 (Medium).jpg

And this fantastic looking champion (thats soaking right now)

$IMG_1605 (Medium).jpg

I was also the only bidder on this one and Alexis was a pleasure to deal with, I had to smile at our exchanges through google translate. very comical indeed.

Last edited:
Next Up, the 'shave and a haircut and a corn removed please' lot.

$IMG_1591 (Medium).jpg

All other articles were secondary to these>

$IMG_1592 (Medium).jpg

Again, I was the only bidder and if I was the one selling and packing this stuff for under €6 including shipping but excluding auction fees I'd be pretty annoyed.

Saving the best until last.

What I thought was a cheap 'buy it now' turned out even cheaper when my offer was accepted. Dodgy listing photo did NOT do this one justice.

I've done a bit of research and I'm going to put money on it being a 1910 standard set (courtesy of mr.razors site). You can see by the condition of the box its been sitting somewhere damp for a long, long time. but the sheltered sides and inside are in what i consider to be wonderful condition. The bottom of the case looks fantastic, and the inside isnt too bad either. the razor itself looks like a prime candidate for baking powder/foil and a good polish. I have high hopes for this one.

$IMG_1593 (Medium).jpg$IMG_1594 (Medium).jpg$IMG_1596 (Medium).jpg
Its been a long day and my eyes arent cooperating, but I'm sure I can see a B168905 serial number, which would date this to 1909/1910 ? whos with me on this?

$IMG_1601 (Medium).jpg

I still have another 4 or 5 things out for delivery (one like the one above, but im pretty sure its not to be compared condition wise). All in all im a very happy man right now.

no wait, maybe I wasnt clear. I 'only' got he lot with the clippers, corn razor and gillettes for €6. the everready, alexis's 4 razors and 1910 set were seperate purchases.

the whole lot came to around €80.

:001_smile

Nice score :thumbup1:

I think the one you think is a 30's NEW is actually a New Improved, they had the studs going through the base plate. There were Aristocrats that also looked like that.

The last two look like ball end Old Types.

Which exact models they are I'm not sure - Gillette made so many variations. I'm sure the experts will reply soon enough and pinpoint the exact variant of your razors.

Last edited:
thanks for the replies guys.

the new improved/aristocat - should I just ultrasound it? or use baking soda/foil? Im not sure if its supposed to be silver or bronze colour.

started on the clean up. got nearly all the marmite like stain off the ABC case. i call it marmite because thats what it looked like. Couldnt feel it with my nail though, some sort of oxidization or something. either way, its gone now.

$IMG_1612 (Medium).jpg$IMG_1613 (Medium).jpg$IMG_1615 (Medium).jpg$IMG_1616 (Medium).jpg

going to give the 1910 a bath and have a go at that case now.

Did you see the other one too? 1910 part 2 should be here any day now...

Nope, just got back from a 10 day road trip so I wasn't as vigilant on d'Bay as I might have been - scores documented in the Acquisition thread!

Sorry if I am doing the wrong thing by breaking into your post to ask a Noob question, but what the heck are those things with the plier like handles? What do they do and are they worth anything?

Sorry, seems I have been bit by the bug and I am starting to haunt auctions and I see those come up all the time!

Hello unclerj, those are manual hair clippers. You squeeze the handles together, a spring pushes them back out again. This creates the clipping action.

these ar
e worth about €0.30 to me :)

did a bit more cleaning up.

The 2 olds are now sparkling.
on the left - unpolished - on the right - you guessed it - polished.

$IMG_1628 (Medium).jpg

all three polished.

$IMG_1631 (Medium).jpg

I still have no eye deer what this is. Is it supposed to be 4 pieces? everythiing fits perfectly and theres no sign of breakage. I kind of regret polishing it now, I liked it better the way it was :(

$IMG_1632 (Medium).jpg

the serial appears to be 578754A - which I think makes it from 1921.

$IMG_1633 (Medium).jpg

no idea what this means....

$IMG_1634 (Medium).jpg

going to disinfect it one more time then im going to give it a whirl.

Top Bottom