What's new

Great Covers

Great RT post. He has a good number of great covers but this one strikes as an example of what the man can do with a song.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pre-grunge Madison stalwarts Killdozer covering Steve Miller's "Take the Money and Run". The only way to listen to Steve Miller, IMHO.

Couple Richard Thompson performances so far... back in the 90's there were a couple tribute albums done of Richard Thompson songs. Always thought a lot of this one... great performance with John Jorgenson grinding out a tasty guitar solo.

For me the gold standard of this oft covered Cohen song. If my brains not messing with me, in his autobiography Cale says after contacting Cohen about recording this Cohen sent him 27 verses. Wikipedia reports as many as 80 verses written.

A random comment from the board on this one: "First time I listened to this without my ears bleeding". And they somehow put "Stand By Me" in the middle of the song. AND!!!! Hot chick drummer alert :001_wub:

Neon Trees - Baby

Not exactly a "great" cover, and what was done to poor Otis Redding is a crime, but I was the only one in the theatre laughing when my wife and I saw it during a sneak preview many years ago.
There's some language...

A little more "legit" cover. The Foos have done some pretty good covers (Baker Street and Darling Nikki to name two) but this one kicks.

Top Bottom