What's new

Nate's "Trust Your Edge" Straight Journal

Well here in my Home EVEN THE DOG HAS the infamous ...... "Food Coma!" LMAO

$20151127_132153-1.jpg

Aww He is a good looking Pooch, White Shepherd?
Thank you very much my Friend, He Wishes he was a White Sheppard LOL. He is actually Papered as a Shiba Inu, however he is definitely not breeding quality. He is way over sized for his breed. I believe that the breeder we got him from had no idea what breed of dog she had as he is about 60 plus pounds so he is closer to the size of a Kishu Inu or Small Akita Inu. He is definitely my Boy though. Every since the day I came home from deployment and the little fuzzball jumped up into my lap when he was just 4 pounds of fluff. Spoiled rotten little animal though even though he is getting up there in age we hope to have him for at least a couple more years.

Oh OK, IT was probably the way the photo was shot that threw me off. They had a beautiful one on National dog show yesterday. Still a great looking Pooch, We are in the middle of the waiting game after we had to put down our Shpeherd and Border Collie earlier this year. Still have the cats, but after our vacation in December we will probably start looking. Cats are Ok, but nothing beats a dog or Dogs LOL

Oh OK, IT was probably the way the photo was shot that threw me off. They had a beautiful one on National dog show yesterday. Still a great looking Pooch, We are in the middle of the waiting game after we had to put down our Shpeherd and Border Collie earlier this year. Still have the cats, but after our vacation in December we will probably start looking. Cats are Ok, but nothing beats a dog or Dogs LOL

Yeah I had to get it at a strange angle in order to sneak up on him. I am very sorry to hear about you having to put your pooches down, it is always a good idea though to have that waiting period in between. We did the very same thing when we got him, we lost our first Shiba to a door bolting incident when he bolted through the door and got hit by a car. The "Inu" breeds are very well known for door bolting. I did not get the chance to watch the National yesterday but I saw the Westminster and they had a very handsome Red Sesame in it. They are very sharp looking animals for sure.

Cats are absolutely awesome for pets as well. They are way low maintenance in my opinion but nothing can contend with the loyalty of a dog for sure.

Well Today I was so danged lazy I did not shave at all. I was actually really busy today taking care of business around the house that needed addressing desperately.

I also was thinking of a new and creative alternative to the usual disposal of Thanksgiving Turkey and I came up with a REAL WINNER this time......

Grilled Turkey Reuben Sandwiches!!! And They Were Delectable!!!!!!

$20151128_151649-1.jpg

$20151128_151911-1.jpg

Hope everyone has a Great Rest of the Weekend:thumbup:

The first thing I thought was Polar Bear! Nice dog.

Thank you very much John,

We thought the very same thing hence his full name being "Demon Snow Bear":thumbup: Little did we know when he was a little puppy fuzzball that he would eat as much as his namesake when he grew to full size LMAO And look just like one LOL

We had a golden retriever for 15 years. We went 5 years without a dog. Got a cat two years ago thinking it would be the same, it wasn't. Got a little dog a year ago and couldn't be happier.

We had a golden retriever for 15 years. We went 5 years without a dog. Got a cat two years ago thinking it would be the same, it wasn't. Got a little dog a year ago and couldn't be happier.

I couldn't agree more, Dogs do make amazing companions. I like cats too, but I have to admit, there is nothing on this world that can compare to the loyalty of a good old fashioned Family Dog.

Straight Shave #71: "Snakewood Sunday"

The Weapons Of Choice:

The Strop: 2 1/2" Tony Miller Heirloom Old No. 2. 00/45 Cotton/Leather.
The Prep: 10 Minute Shower and about a full 3 minutes warm cloth soak on the face.
The Pre: Noxzema Classic Clean.
The Brush: Rubberset 400 Restored with 27mm V/S Silvertip Badger.
The Soap: My Personal Frankensoap.
The Razor(s): 6/8 ERN 1106 in Snakewood Scales (2nd Shave Since Honing)
The Post: The VEG:Veg::Veg: and a good wipe clean and drying of the blade and scales inside and out with 30/60 Cotton/Leather on the Strop.

This Morning's Thought's:

Today I think I have discovered a Miraculous Combination. I Decided to go with my "Frankensoap" this morning to see how it paired with The Veg and I have got to say that out of all of the soaps I have THIS ONE ROCKS THE VEG WELL!!!!!!!! Wow What an amazing Scent!

Now On To The Shave:

The ERN 1106 came to bat today with a Home Run in Mind and it certainly did that. Unfortunately The Umpire got hit in the head by a sneak attack from Murphy and I paid for it in blood. It was not too horrible really I just got a little careless for a split second and Murphy took the opportunity to make his move leaving me with about a 3mm Slice on my right cheek. I have had such great shaves lately that I guess it was my turn for his attention this morning. Other than that one hangup it was actually a Very Nice Shave and the Veg provided Zero Feedback in the form of sensation other than a glass smooth and tight feel to the skin, no irritation at all and the only spot I fel even a tingle was at the Murphy Bite. So Overall definitely a Great Shave:thumbup1:

2 Pass Shave WTG and XTG/ATG Combo Pass with no clean up needed. The result was a BBS+ Everywhere with no irritation, and just the aforementioned Murphy Bite.

This Morning's Hardware/Software Selection:

View attachment 618852

I will be a Broken Record here for a while as I am awaiting the Arrival of my very First Swedish Lady. That being said I will be using my GENCO Master Cutler as it is the closest approximation I have in size, shape and weight to the MK 31 that is inbound.

Wishing Everyone a Great Week Ahead:thumbup1:

Fantastic Shave Nate, and you have exceeded the realms expectations in welcoming THE VEG into your life... Huzzah :lol:

Why Thank you Sir Dave:thumbup: I even posted up the recipe for my Frankensoap up in the Knights Thread as well as I believe of every single thing I have used thus far, this stuff makes a truly perfect match for the Veg:Veg:

Nate, I'm enjoying your entries more and more - the veg talk cracks me up :lol:

Thanks Chris, this stuff is truly what I would call a Chameleon After Shave Splash for sure, it smells completely different depending on what you use before it. I need more time on this earth to try everything I want to try in this hobby, there are so many awesome products and razors out there to be had it is unbelievable to me.

Straight Shave #72:

The Weapons Of Choice:

The Strop: 2 1/2" Tony Miller Heirloom Old No. 2. 35/70 Cotton/Leather.
The Prep: 10 Minute Shower and about a full 3 minutes warm cloth soak on the face.
The Pre: Noxzema Classic Clean.
The Brush: Rubberset 400 Restored with 27mm V/S Silvertip Badger.
The Soap: My Personal Frankensoap.
The Razor(s): 5/8 GENCO Master Cutler aka "The Murphy Mangler" (4th Shave Since Honing)
The Post: The VEG:Veg::Veg: and a good wipe clean and drying of the blade and scales inside and out with 45/90 Cotton/Leather on the Strop.

This Morning's Thought's:

So this week I will be a 1 trick Pony as I will be using the GENCO all week in preparation for the arrival of my first Swedish Blade, a CHV MK 31 and this is the closest approximation I have to that size/weight of razor.

Now On To The Shave:

Another excellent incident free shave this morning from "The Murphy Mangler" I may have begun to tame this beast a little bit I think.

2 Pass Shave WTG and XTG/ATG Combo Pass with no clean up needed. Results were a BBS+ Shave with a little bit of very light irritation in the neck that went away quickly with the application of "The Veg":Veg::Veg: and no nicks, cut weepers or even topping of the previous cut. Everything went and ended up pretty darn smoothly. Did a few more laps on the strop today to see if tomorrows shave will be 100% free of irritation, if not I may just take this sucker to the BHA for a few laps to smooth it out a little.

This Morning's Hardware/Software Selection:

View attachment 619054

Wishing everyone a Great Monday and week ahead:thumbup:

Top Bottom