What's new

My quaker parrot loves my aftershave

I recently bought a quaker parrot I named him pete. In the two weeks I've had him I found that he loves my aftershave he also loves to pick at my face or preen after I shave it's almost like getting a facial I guess. I've also noticed that the redness I get or bumps are no more around my neck which is good but my beard seems to grow back a lot faster now that he does this . Is it possible that he's helping my Beard grow back quicker by picking at my face Because it never used to grow so fast it's either that or I'm just getting older sorry for the weird question I wondering what someone else thought?

Congrats. You are part of your pets flock. I have a Nanday Conure that pretends to shave with her foot while I shave. She also pretends to brush her teeth. She will sometimes preen my mustache.

Excuse my probably idiotic question, but how does him picking your face not hurt you?
Either way, I don't think he has something to do with your hair growing faster. It could be that, considering your irritation problems are gone (congrats btw), applying less pressure does not shave as closely as before.
Whatever the case, keep the blades away from him.

I am sure that it helps get rid of dead skin. No reason to use an apricot scrub when you have a parrot to do it for you. I can say that my Greenwing Macaw preens me all of the time but I haven't noticed a difference from it. Except of course any skin tag or blemish she will rip right off for me. Not the most pleasant thing to have done. Congrats on starting your flock also.

My first cockatiel would preen my beard and mustache. I remember it tickled a lot. I now have more hair in my mustache and beard than on my head, so your theory about making the hair grow might have something to it.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
The psychiatrists would say that Pete is expressing his opinion of you.

Cardsfan 28 has one crazy avatar.

It appears that he is attempting to be the craziest of all.

Top Bottom