What's new

Feather Artist Club SS on Amazon

I've thought about the Feather Artist Club razor for over a year, but I couldn't justify the price of over $100 for the razor, plus the cost of a pack of blades just to try it out. I looked around today and Amazon has the SS razor for under $70 and 20 Professional blades for under $14 including free shipping. I like the idea of a straight razor shave without the honing and stropping, and the reviews are overwhelmingly positive.

I considered the purchase for a few minutes and made the order. Since I shave with a safety razor, I'm looking forward to finally trying the Artist Club after researching it on and off for over a year. If anyone has been looking for one like I've been, check out Amazon.

Good luck, and please keep us all posted! I just used the Pro and Pro Super blades in a Mongoose, and loved them, and have been pondering the same purchase.

After I posted, I learned the reduced price on Amazonis old news. I'll get back with a short report after a few shaves. My daily razor is a Muhle R41 typically loaded with a Voskhod blade, so I'm used to a more aggressive razor.

Note that Tryablade has Artist Club blades, so if you want to give the Pro Supers (different bevel geometry and .2mm more blade exposure than the regular Feather Pro blades) or Kai Captain Titan Milds a try you can do so cheaply. I really like the Pro Supers.

Note that Tryablade has Artist Club blades, so if you want to give the Pro Supers (different bevel geometry and .2mm more blade exposure than the regular Feather Pro blades) or Kai Captain Titan Milds a try you can do so cheaply. I really like the Pro Supers.
Thanks for the tip. I have the Pros on order. I'll shave with the Feather with a 2 day growth.
F8

I used the AC today, first time, and I'll admit the experience was very awkward. I had trouble orienting this blade on my face, worrying about slicing my face to hell. I struggled with a two pass which took me about 25 minutes. The end result was very good, but far from a relaxing shave. The only casualty was one nick under my chin. For now, I'll only use it on my days off when I have time to learn better technique.

Fun razor (I got to try it on a tour).
And yes, Amazon's price is good. It's been on my wish list for a while, but I've been in restraint basically all this year.

I nicked myself just a little bit. What I liked is how it really forced you to concentrate.

I bought the same package the other day and plan to cork the blade before the first use, as I've read that the Feather Artist Pro blades are pretty harsh because they are so sharp...maybe should have chosen the Kai Captain Titan Milds, but we'll see. I'll post my thoughts after my first shave here.

There was a learning curve for me but once I got the hang of it, I could shave in less time (and less lather) than with a DE. The difference is I used to do 3 passes and a touch up with the DEs. With my Feathers I get a closer, more comfortable shave with a single pass and touch up. My favorite combo is the folding DX with ProGuard blades.

Stay with it!

Marty

Ok, so I tried out the Feather Artist Club SS with Feather Artist Pro blade for the first time tonight, and all I can say is "Wow"! What an awesome product...worth every penny! Like drawonme says, "single pass and touch up" is all it took to give a CCS, dang near BBS with minimal effort, zero nicks, very comfortable. The Feather Artist Pro blade was the right choice for me, not harsh like it's DE counterpart. Man, could not be more pleased!

Just scooped a Feather Artist Club SS razor on Amazon for a great price. It'll be a gift "from the kids" for Christmas. Cant wait to take it for a spin, and eventually, compare shave closeness to my Wolfman DE with .74mm blade gap.

Top Bottom