What's new

What is your favorite "value" brush .

£3.50 Wilkinson Sword Boar. I've had mine for many years (so many I've lost count). There is nothing I've found that it can't lather, and it is a better 'latherer' than my more expensive synthetic brush for various soaps.

£3.50 Wilkinson Sword Boar. I've had mine for many years (so many I've lost count). There is nothing I've found that it can't lather, and it is a better 'latherer' than my more expensive synthetic brush for various soaps.

I've never liked it ... shows that YMMV :001_smile

I know they don't get a lot of love here, but I'm as likely to grab my VDH boar brush as any I own.
+1 to the VDH Boar. I paid $5.99 for mine. It seems to out-lather my 620 with anything I use, Wilkinson stick to QCS cream. I have a new Omega 20106 which I've not tried yet.

I agree, I brought mine as a donor knot for a home made handle, it has ousted my semogue 1305 as my daily brush. I will buy another as a driver to make another handle!

+1 to the VDH Boar. I paid $5.99 for mine. It seems to out-lather my 620 with anything I use, Wilkinson stick to QCS cream. I have a new Omega 20106 which I've not tried yet.

ive had the same reaction with my 620... I really want to like it because I love the handle, but the knot it comes with just doesn't do it for me. I vastly prefer my Omega 80096

Forgot I'd posted before. I would add:

B&B Essential Boar (Omega)

Plisson Access Synthetic (at a higher price point).

Another vote for the Omega 49. I got mine in a lot with an old Rubberset on the bay. I was only interested in the Rubberset for a restore project and was going to sell/trade/give away the Omega. I tried it out of curiosity and was hooked!

I have been very happy with my $30 Plisson synthetic (The House of the Barber version). The handle leaves something to be desired, but I have no complaints about the brush itself. Even came with a nice stand. It's the one brush I have and I don't know that I'll need another. I'm more interested in razors, soaps, after shaves, blades, etc. :blushing:

Top Bottom