What's new

Photos of All Things Mechanical

Thought I'd start a new thread. How about shots of anything mechanical? Photos of glorious cars would be a shoe in but planes, trains, motorcycles, and war machines would also work. Here's my first, an M-60 tank down at the Huntsville Veterans' Museum in Huntsville, AL
$M60 Tank.jpg

Lawrence Mills Power Transfer Exhibit - Or, How to Get Power to the Looms...

$Gears.jpg

The teeth in the left hand gear are made of wood. That allows for easy replacement when something causes the drive train to clench up. These gears are several feet tall and weigh many, many tons.

Lawrence Mills Power Transfer Exhibit - Or, How to Get Power to the Looms...

View attachment 590529

The teeth in the left hand gear are made of wood. That allows for easy replacement when something causes the drive train to clench up. These gears are several feet tall and weigh many, many tons.
Now that is some serious machinery! Great shot.

This is a scan of a shot I took at the rededication of the Statue of Liberty. The camera was an old Kodak Instamatic. I was a trumpet player in the Navy Band Washington DC and we were giving a concert on the deck of the USS John F. Kennedy for the "Parade of the Tall Ships." Here is the USS Iowa with President Reagan on board. This dreadnought is a pretty complex mechanical device IMHO. Sorry for then quality but it brings back fond memories.
$Parade of the Tall Ships Spring 1986-USS Iowa.jpg

Top Bottom