What's new

Help me identify this razor/honing service recommendation

Hi,I'm new to DE shaving never tried straight razor shaving
After watching tons of shaving videos on YouTube, some of them using straight razors, I was kinda curious how is it to shave with a straight
I found this for $5 at a flea market and I thought I will buy it, send it to be honed by somebody and then have a go with it
If anyone can tell me anything about this razor and also if you can recommend someone that does honing
There's some markings on the blade
HENKEL FREMONT.O.USA 27

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437852698.700719.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437851535.818037.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,I'm new to DE shaving never tried straight razor shaving
After watching tons of shaving videos on YouTube, some of them using straight razors, I was kinda curious how is it to shave with a straight
I found this for $5 at a flea market and I thought I will buy it, send it to be honed by somebody and then have a go with it
If anyone can tell me anything about this razor and also if you can recommend someone that does honing
There's some markings on the blade
HENKEL FREMONT.O.USA 27

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437922355.716913.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437922364.017420.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437922371.254209.jpg

Send it to Bayamontate. Just search and ping him. He is highly respected for his honing skills. A honers honer.

By the way, that is a wonderful razor to start out with and to keep for a lifetime and to pass down. Getting it assessed and honed by a pro is very smart.

Also , ask him to mute the point. You can always add it back, but as a beginner it can be more to think about than you need.

Last edited:

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Henkel is a company started in the early 1900s in Fremont Ohio and is not the same as JA Henkels who makes all the kinds of blades (knives, razors, scissors, etc). It looks good and for $5, you had absolutely nothing to lose. Being a nice old blade, it should hone up easily and take a nice edge. Congrats on the find. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom