What's new

Cigar lounge advice

I have enjoyed most Alec Bradley's especially the Nica Puro. La Flor Dominicana Cameroon Cabinets are also great

I'm not a cigar consissour by any means, I generally lack the ability to taste the intricate flavors cigar lovers claim to experience. That said, I enjoy the Nub line by Olivia ($8), and the basic $5 sticks by Punch and Don Thomas.

I'm also equally happy smoking a dry cured Italian style stogie, like a Parodi King ($1.50 each)

Last edited:
Does this lounge sell pipes and pipe tobacco? If so, buy a cheap cob and an English blend pipe tobacco and enjoy.

Does this lounge sell pipes and pipe tobacco? If so, buy a cheap cob and an English blend pipe tobacco and enjoy.

I don't much care for small cobs, and pipe tobacco selection isn't usually good, especially since I don't smoke aros. I'll do all my pipe smoking at home, and since I don't want to invest in a humidor anyway, I'll smoke cigars when I'm out.

You usually can't go wrong with romeo y julieta, fuente, even Macanudo if you like a more mild smoke.
Personally, I bring my own, but some places charge you for doing this, mine doesnt.
Sorry I'm not much help. Most brands I prefer aren't sold in those places.... 5 vegas, LA Perla habana, Alec bradley, etc. We'll not at mine. There is a jenuwjne cigar lounge also which has a huuuuuge humidor... I think it doubles as a cigar shop too because I see people come in, buy, and go home.
Also if they will allow you to bring one, and you have a wild bills tobacco near there, you can grab some there at better prices.

I don't much care for small cobs, and pipe tobacco selection isn't usually good, especially since I don't smoke aros. I'll do all my pipe smoking at home, and since I don't want to invest in a humidor anyway, I'll smoke cigars when I'm out.

In case you change your mind, you don't need an actual humidor (please don't burn me at the stake for this lol) but you can use a large glad ware container and a boveda pack (humipack) and throw in some cedar from a cigar box if you want. No need for a hygrometer or anything. The pack keeps is just right +/-2%.
I was foced to do this for my collection when I started my apprenticeship and started do 10 hr days and school at night... couldn't keep an eye on my humidors as much as I wanted. They always check out perfect when I do check them.

In case you change your mind, you don't need an actual humidor (please don't burn me at the stake for this lol) but you can use a large glad ware container and a boveda pack (humipack) and throw in some cedar from a cigar box if you want. No need for a hygrometer or anything. The pack keeps is just right +/-2%.
I was foced to do this for my collection when I started my apprenticeship and started do 10 hr days and school at night... couldn't keep an eye on my humidors as much as I wanted. They always check out perfect when I do check them.

yup usually a boveda pack is accurate enough that it is all you would need for a tupperadore. btw tupperadores are godsends especially for overflows. A hygrometer is always nice for extra peace of mind if you want it. If you want a little extra peace of mind, one of those plastic tupperwares with the rubber seals are extra tight and are better than just glad ware. But a Boveda pack should be good enough especially if its not a large one even if using just a glad ware.

A large mason jar would be better than any plastic container, and if it was half (or more) full of cigars you could even skip the Boveda. Without cedar and without a little breathing they won't age the same, but they should be preserved.

yup usually a boveda pack is accurate enough that it is all you would need for a tupperadore. btw tupperadores are godsends especially for overflows. A hygrometer is always nice for extra peace of mind if you want it. If you want a little extra peace of mind, one of those plastic tupperwares with the rubber seals are extra tight and are better than just glad ware. But a Boveda pack should be good enough especially if its not a large one even if using just a glad ware.

Mine are pretty large and because I needed 20, I opted for the kroger brand glad containers, but the ones with the seal would be great!!!
The boveda packs don't seem to have lost anything in almost a year.

Top Bottom