What's new

Sanitizing

I clean mine in Scrubbing Bubbles, then soak in 90% Isopropyl Alcohol for about 10 minutes, then scrub with a toothbrush and dish detergent and rinse with hot (not boiling) water.

Soak for several minutes in hot soapy water, squirt with Scrubbing Bubbles, scrub gently with a toothbrush, rinse well with hot water and I'm done.

For a grimy razor I would give it successive hot water soaks to loosen things up. Haven't bought anything fitting that description in a while, though.

A soak or possibly several in hot soapy water, depending on the condition of the razor -- longer and more of them if it's a gunked up tto. Usually also Scrubbing Bubbles, and a scrub down with a soft toothbrush. Shorter soaks and no Scrubbing Bubbles if it's gold plated, because often the gold is little more than a wash, and comes off very easily.

Yep. Easy to do and no need to worry about anybody else's cooties.

I clean mine in Scrubbing Bubbles, then soak in 90% Isopropyl Alcohol for about 10 minutes, then scrub with a toothbrush and dish detergent and rinse with hot (not boiling) water.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Soak for several minutes in hot soapy water, squirt with Scrubbing Bubbles, scrub gently with a toothbrush, rinse well with hot water and I'm done.

Exactly this for me, too. I also like to use soapy water and a towel dry after each use, just to keep my razors always shiny.

was wondering has anyone tried one of those cheap ultrasonic jewellery cleaners? The girlfriends already warned me away from hers.

For a grimy razor I would give it successive hot water soaks to loosen things up. Haven't bought anything fitting that description in a while, though.
Super great suggestions.

Top Bottom