What's new

Does anybody use multiple aftershaves at a time?

I'm curious about this....is it redundant? I've found myself using Speick, then Lucky Tiger, then finishing up with Nivea sensitive. They all feel kind of different so I feel serve somewhat a different purpose, but I'm curious if folks out there do the same thing.

I finish every shave immediately with Lucky Tiger After Shave and Face Tonic...soothing and healing. When it dries, I apply my splash/balm du jour. The LT fragrance fades and doesn't interfere.

Almost every single day.

I have some Pacific Shave Company aftershave balm, which I like because it's soothing, but it's too thick for my tastes. So I put a bit of it on my finger and then add another aftershave to it, mix them together, and then apply. Sometimes I mix another very thin balm with it, sometimes a splash.

Either way, I'm mixing the aftershaves on my hands and then applying.

Recently I've been doing splash followed by balm. When I do this, the skin feel seems greatly improved.

I always apply witch hazel right away after the shave. then brush my teeth. Then apply an alcohol based aftershave. And sometimes I will but a balm on after that has dried.

I splash on some Witch Hazel after every shave, no matter what.

Soon after, while my face is still damp with the Witch Hazel, I do an alcohol-based splash, or a product like Bump Patrol, depending on what I think I need.

For me, it's one and done.

+1

I've never really thought about using multiple aftershaves due to scent collision.

Of all that I have, I guess I could use some Speick since it is a mild, fleeting scent for rough shaves chased by a scent I like.

Living in Central Texas with easy winters, I haven't needed any kind of balms. The times I've tried them, they seem a bit oily/thick going on.

I'll mix Clubman with witch hazel to cut the scent, which works well. Recently I ordered a few samples, which included Chiseled Face's supermenthol AS, Cryogen. I was curious, so I mixed Clubman and Cryogen together and put it on. Suffice it to say, that was not a winning combination and I won't be trying that again.

Top Bottom