What's new

Georgetown Pottery "G3" scuttles are being born!

Hey B&B!

Our "G3" scuttles are in the kiln being born as we speak, we will view our newest addition to GP on Monday......keep your fingers crossed!!

The "G3" allows water to pass under the inner shave bowl, which I know has been a concern for everyone, as they are partially cast, partially hand made.
They still have textured rings on the inside bowl, and still maintain the same shape and feel as the "G2". -just a little more classy.

Our newest model also features a "comfort handle" which sits a bit lower than the "G2" to allow the shaving master (LOL) to hold the scuttle in the palm of his/her hand with ease and loop your thumb through the handle.

$$$$???? We are still working on that part, trying to figure out clay, labor, kiln costs....I will keep you posted.

**So if all goes well, (keep your fingers crossed) I will report the birth of our new baby on Monday...Im sure he will be beautiful!!!! It will still be a few weeks if we have some issues to work out before they are readily available.....this thread is just a teaser....ehhhummm I mean update :))

Jessica

We are in the process of taking photos and getting our scuttles out of the kiln, but you can get the jist of our colors that can be seen on our website, georgetownpottery.com they are as follows,

cobalt and purple
oribe and purple
blue oribe and purple
hamada and blue
hamada and purple
ivory and oribe
hamada and persimon

also**

a few guys have ordered an all hamada glazed scuttle, it varies from dark chocolate brown and breaks on the ridges and edges of the scuttle to a milk chocolate color, its very attractive, so we will be offering that as a standard color.

We have also had an order for a all ivory glazed scuttle which came out really nice and we are going to offer that as a standard glaze pattern as well. It is an ivory glaze that has very soft subtle hues of greens/purple and bues.......

We also can hand paint any of our standard patterns (blueberry, iris, lighthouse, pine cone etc) that you see our website.....any questions, feel free to call (Lori or Jessica) toll free 1.866.zen.pots or email us a [email protected]

I will post a picture in the next few days of the new scuttle.....
Jessica

I may look into this as a graduation present to myself... I don't see them on the webpage, is there a secret codeword to gain access to these coveted scuttles?:confused:

I may look into this as a graduation present to myself... I don't see them on the webpage, is there a secret codeword to gain access to these coveted scuttles?:confused:

No code LOL, they're not on the web page, you have to call.

But the colors available can be found on the web pages.

Sounds great! I want one! Have you enlarged the opening any for easier adding of the water that heats the scuttle?
Thanks -patrick

Hey B&B!

Our "G3" scuttles are in the kiln being born as we speak, we will view our newest addition to GP on Monday......keep your fingers crossed!!

The "G3" allows water to pass under the inner shave bowl, which I know has been a concern for everyone, as they are partially cast, partially hand made.
They still have textured rings on the inside bowl, and still maintain the same shape and feel as the "G2". -just a little more classy.

Our newest model also features a "comfort handle" which sits a bit lower than the "G2" to allow the shaving master (LOL) to hold the scuttle in the palm of his/her hand with ease and loop your thumb through the handle.

$$$$???? We are still working on that part, trying to figure out clay, labor, kiln costs....I will keep you posted.

**So if all goes well, (keep your fingers crossed) I will report the birth of our new baby on Monday...Im sure he will be beautiful!!!! It will still be a few weeks if we have some issues to work out before they are readily available.....this thread is just a teaser....ehhhummm I mean update :))

Jessica

I would like to see pictures of the "hamada and persimon" and the "all hamada" scuttles if anyone has any to post. Thanks!

Here is a pic of my hamada and persimon G2 scuttle
proxy.php

Top Bottom