What's new

Product Reformulations That Broke Your Heart

Old Spice Shulton is great. The New Old Spice we get in the USA is terrible. Although the Indian Old Spice made in the Rubicon version is so close I say its almost the same as the original Old Spice.

I was disappointed when AoS tallow reformulated. Thankfully the Valobra base soap can still be had. Still, I really enjoyed AoS Lavender, which is no more.

Erasmic shavesticks used to be wonderful, but since reformulation it's unlatherable. With each new packaging design I give it another chamce, but it's always still a pig.

1) Penhaligon's Tallow - A reformulation to the reformulation has restored a part (but not all) of the greatness
2) GFT Soaps
3) Not shaving related, but fragrance reformulations are inevitable. If you like the way something smells now then you better buy a back-up bottle because it WILL be tweaked.

To be honest, I really did not mind the AOS soap reformulations.
Nor did I mind reformulations by Penhaligons soaps, GFT soaps, Floris soaps.
What bothered me most, was reformulation by Williams!
Their vintage soaps were fabulous compared to the recent mediocre pucks.
Perhaps that is reflected in reports that they have now discontinued all soap production.
Sad.

Gillette Slim was reformulated many times until it became a Fusion. Watching it happen was like death by a thousand cuts.

To be honest, I really did not mind the AOS soap reformulations.
Nor did I mind reformulations by Penhaligons soaps, GFT soaps, Floris soaps.
What bothered me most, was reformulation by Williams!
Their vintage soaps were fabulous compared to the recent mediocre pucks.
Perhaps that is reflected in reports that they have now discontinued all soap production.
Sad.

I'm currently using a puck of AOS Sandalwood (tallow). I've used up a puck of the reformulated version already. I have to give the nod to the tallow version; however, the reformulated version is still quite good, imho.

Selsun Blue Daily Shampoo. They reformulated in 2009, and the bottle changed slightly. Of course they claim nothing changed. 6 years later and I still haven't found a shampoo that works as well for my hair type.

Top Bottom