What's new

Baker's Dozen: Corrupted Quotations Edition

Find an interesting quotation and twist it a little. It doesn't have to be a famous quote, but you do need to twist or corrupt the meaning of what the person originally said. Be sure to name the person.

Pick a criteria for the round. You're allowed one entry per round, per day with no back to back entries. The person who gets the 13th post chooses the criteria for the next round if he wishes. For the first round, let's try:

Corrupt Quotations from SPORTS
1. "Float like a butterfly, suck honey like a Bee." -- Muhammad Ali

2. "It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you were knocked out cold in the process." -- Vince Lombardi

2. "It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you were knocked out cold in the process." -- Vince Lombardi
3. "You can get up now, Jim, the Eagles championships are now over". Chuck Bednarik to Jim Taylor, NFL Championship game, 1960

3. "You can get up now, Jim, the Eagles championships are now over". Chuck Bednarik to Jim Taylor, NFL Championship game, 1960
4. "Half of everything I own just went down the drain with the "Gladiators of Broadway". I think I will trade Ruth... - Harry Frazee​

4. "Half of everything I own just went down the drain with the "Gladiators of Broadway". I think I will trade Ruth... - Harry Frazee
5. "The towels were so thick there I could hardly close my suitcase. Hey, you need a robe?" -- Yogi Berra

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
4. "Half of everything I own just went down the drain with the "Gladiators of Broadway". I think I will trade Ruth... - Harry Frazee
5. "The towels were so thick there I could hardly close my suitcase. Hey, you need a robe?" -- Yogi Berra
6. "Be water, my friend. But if someone else is being water, be the umbrella." --Bruce Lee

6. "Be water, my friend. But if someone else is being water, be the umbrella." --Bruce Lee
7. "I stink, therefore I am." -Descartes

8. Ask not what steroids can do for you but what you can do to go undetected - JFK Bonds

8. Ask not what steroids can do for you but what you can do to go undetected - JFK Bonds
9. "Culture wins championships, if there is an art history test at the end of the season." - Chip Kelly

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member

9. "Culture wins championships, if there is an art history test at the end of the season." - Chip Kelly
10. "
I always felt that my greatest asset was not my physical ability, it was my mental ability." -- Bruce Jenner

10. "
I always felt that my greatest asset was not my physical ability, it was my mental ability." -- Bruce Jenner
11. "Win one for the Gipper." - Knute Reagan

10. "
12. "Never let the fear of striking out stop you from playing the field and chatting up the ladies" - Babe Ruth

10. "
12. "Never let the fear of striking out stop you from playing the field and chatting up the ladies" - Babe Ruth
He hits from both sides of the plate. He's amphibious. - Yogi Berra (his thoughts need no further corruption.)

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Corrupted Quotations Heard on the Battlefield
1.A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of pecan pie. ~Napoleon

2."Nuts are good for you." -Gen. McAuliffe

3. Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it....and throwing in a little pecan pie as incentive can't hurt. -Eisenhower

3. Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it....and throwing in a little pecan pie as incentive can't hurt. -Eisenhower
4. Dulce et decorum est, pro nucis artocreas - Wilfred Owen*

*apologies to any Latin scholars

Top Bottom