What's new

PIF - Small sampler of Russian DE blades

Gentlemen,

I am very glad to be part of a forum that values and enjoys giving gifts to each other. In this giving spirit of Badger & Blade, I am pleased to offer a PIF of my own. It's not much, but I hope it brightens someone's day nonetheless.

I am a fan of Russian razor blades; four of my top five blades come from Russia, in fact. And so I offer you a small sampler of Russian blades. Included are a five-pack of each of the following:

Astra Superior Platinum
Gillette 7 O'clock SharpEdge (yellow)
Gillette Nacet Stainless
Ladas Super Stainless
Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Voskhod Teflon Coated

I am not limiting this PIF to the USA, but I do ask that, if you live in another country, then you only jump in if you're REALLY interested.

To enter, say "I'm in", and then write a shaving haiku. I'll send the blades to whoever's haiku I think is the best. If you post more than one haiku, then I'll judge them separately; i.e., you increase your chances by doing so. BUT, not just any little ditty will do. Your haiku must follow these guidelines:

(1) English language only, please.

(2) The topic shall be the act of shaving.

(3) The haiku shall consist of three unrhymed lines: 5 syllables, then 7 syllables, then 5 syllables.

(4) The final word of one of the three lines shall be a sort of kireji, or "cutting" word. If used at the end of the first or second line, this is an abrupt interruption in the flow, and signals a change in thought or subtopic; if used at the end of the final line, it is a forceful climax, signaling a strong end to the poem.

I'll post my own example first, so you can understand the gist. Lest we steal each other's ideas, mine will be about brushing teeth rather than shaving.

minty morning light
in a quiet house, then gag...
upchuck in the sink

This PIF will close whenever I get around to it, probably sometime on Monday.

Cheers!
-Kyle

I'm in. I'm in Canada, but am fairly new to wet shaving, and love trying new blades. Here goes:

Drum the white billow
To paint an old Picasso
A new life for growth

I'm in!

Grandfather's Blue Tip
Guess we both like mild razors
Baby skin old men

Last edited:
I'm in, but I'm not very good at haikus...

Once Voskhod was tried,
Did not know Teflon coating,
poor cut trash it went

I'm in, just started DE shaving and could use some other brands of blades!

Calm shaving at night
Newbie over-confident
Ouch, hamburger face

Top Bottom