What's new

Favorite/Least Favorite Aftershave

My favorites are my Wm Neumanns, Pitralons, Myrsols, Fines, Floids and Tabac. The fleeting nature of 4711 and Lucky Tonic makes them my least favorite.

My favorite favorite is Afta. I use it every day because I love how it makes my neck feel after I've shaved. Doesn't matter if it was a good, bad or MOR shave, my neck always feels better after I put my Afta on. I also enjoy (in order of preference) AV Blue, Barbasol Brisk, Brut Splash and Stetson Cooling Moisture.

Can take or leave the Vijon Old Spice knock off-- smells ok, but does very little to improve my face feel after I've shaved.

Dislike-- Superior 70 Bay Rum. Smells like clove mixed with alcohol.

DISCLAIMER: I've never tried the Veg. I'm too terrified to.

Favorites:
Pinaud Clubman classic
Old Spice classic
Lucky Tiger
Ogallala BR, Sage and Cedar

Least favorite:
The Veg
Nothing else is close to the bottom!

I might put Myrsol (Aqua Balsamica and F) at the top (along with Emulsion balm) for overall face feel. Many are good going on but Myrsol is great an hour or two later -- not just because it lasts but because it refreshes and invigorates like none other in my experience. If you haven't tried Myrsol give it a go.

I like many AS.

Favorites are most Pinaud products, especially Clubman, Old Spice, and Lucky Tiger.

There is a big group in the middle.

The Veg represents the absolute bottom of the barrel IMO.

Favorite: Floris Santal
Least: anything by Pinaud

I like Pinaud Clubman as a body splash, its a great way to beat the heat in summer. But I can't tolerate it on my face. In fact, I once did an all-Clubman shave, with their exfoliating face wash and shaving cream, followed by the Clubman ASL. Horrible doesn't even begin to describe it.

Favorites-Clubman(regular), Mennen Skin Bracer, Stephan's Bay Rum
Least Favorite-Aqua Velva(not because of the smell, just the sticky feeling)

Favorites:
Avon (Tai Winds, Everest, Bravo), Captains Choice North, Bootlegger's (Bay Rum, Perfecto, El Dorado, Green Freeze), Lilac Vegetal, and Skin Bracer.

Least Favorites: Ogallala bay rum, Barbasol (Pacific Rush and Brisk)

And if you don't find something odd about something in both my lists :wacko:, then you need to spend more time in the aftershave forum.

faves:
Musgo real (w/ wet hands)
Speick
Pink
Fines
Dominica bay rum
Aqua Velva
Florida water

so so's:
Old spice
Lucky tiger
Tabac
Victorian limes
Citrocol
Pinaud bay rum
Royall bay rum
Nivea

dislikes:
Pinaud clubman
Burts bees rosewater
Ogallala bay rum
masters

Favorite: Floid Blue(the one made in Spain)

Least favorites: British Sterling,Canoe and The Veg. The first two give me headaches and are just way too strong and sweet smelling and The Veg,I just detest on an overall basis.

Craig

At this moment, my favorite is 50/50 FINE Fresh & Clean Vetivers.

My least favorite at this time is Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber.

Top Bottom