What's new

Rooney restoration

Good Day,

I am new to the site, although I have lurked around for several years.
I developed the habit of shaving with a brush from my dad, and actually used his brush until the bristles were too worn to use.
I acquired a new brush, and relegated my dad's brush to storage with the thought of someday having it restored.

Well, I left my new brush in a hotel last week and it appears housekeeping tossed it away. I consider this a sign to have dad's brush restored.

The brush in question is a Rooney, which you experts call butterscotch. The label is long gone, although I recall it saying pure badger. Probably not the best brush Rooney made - dad was a bit of a cheapskate.

From what I have gleaned online, Lee Sabini was, or maybe still is, affiliated with Rooney, so i sent him an e-mail to advise me on this restoration. The amount of information available online on hair types, grades, knot sizes, plumes and God knows what else is mind numbing. The only thing that appears certain is that he appears to be the authority on such matters, and I would like him to be the one to restore it.

I haven't heard back, although I am hopeful I will. Maybe I should have enquired here first, but is this approach correct? Or does he only make new brushes?

Thanks,

Lou

$Rooney 1.jpg$Rooney 2.jpg

Interesting brush. I think it'd look great with a re-knot and a little TLC.

Haven't corresponded with Lee Sabini before; unaware if he does restores. Others may be able to advise you on that.

For what it's worth, one of our vendors here, Rudy Vey, does exceedingly nice work on re-knots/restores, from what I have seen. I would recommend contacting him if you don't hear anything from Lee.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Lee can be difficult to reach. You might reach out to Rudy Vey or ChiefBroom (both vendors here) and see if they can get Rooney knots. Otherwise, the Shavemac 2 Band silver tip is, IMO, just as good as the old Rooney 2 band Heritage knots, and significantly better than the Rooney Super Badger that is currently available.

Top Bottom