What's new

Best brush for 75$ or less

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
You should pick what you want (as mentioned by Jarick) first, it will help seeing what you are after. However, if I had to recommend something based on not knowing your preferences, I would recommend buying a used handle and a knot. It should be under $75 no problems.

Really need to have some idea of your preferences: hair, size, stiffness, face or bowl lathering, etc. etc. Too many variables to consider without some guidance IMO.

proxy.php

What's the best brushes around for 75$ or less?
You need to clarify what you mean by "best" by specifying exactly what you're looking for. Best isn't really about the brush itself but what one is looking for from a brush -- i.e it's highly subjective. Read the stickies in this subforum on getting brush buying advice and provide as much information as possible. Knowing your price/range helps but it's just one piece of information.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Yeah, you did ask a question something like "what's the best car for under $50,000?" You'll get twice as many answers as you get folks answering.

I would have a hard time choosing between my SOC boars (pictured above by another poster) and my Vie-Long 04312 horse.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
You might look at this thread to get a general idea of the different aspects of a brush, then come back here to narrow down those areas that are important to you.

That being said, two of my favorites are the Simpson Duke 2 in Best, and Semogue 610 Boar.

I got a omega s right now. I CAN'T get soaps or creams to lather. So I don't know if I need to bowl or face lather. I would love to be able to bowl and face lather with something I spend 75$ on. I know that's not much money at all for a brush. My skin is sensitive. So any suggest now. Thanks in advance

I like soft brushes I thank. I started with one of them VDH kits from Walmart and I hate the boar brush that came with it.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I like soft brushes I thank. I started with one of them VDH kits from Walmart and I hate the boar brush that came with it.

I still have my original VDH boar brush I started with over 5 years ago. Inspite of it's cheap and dreadful reputation, I seemed to have got one that has lost very few hairs and now is amazingly soft after 5 years. I have owned and sold many other type, brand of brushes, ranging in price of $200. But I still keep and use on occasion, my Original old VDH standby.

What kind of creams and soaps? Do you have hard water? I don't see why the brush wouldn't work, I've read good reviews about them.

Tiki, Katie's bubbles,TOBS,soap commander,PAA beach,razor rock xxx and bout Poroso green and white red in cream and co bigglow green in cream,cella(sp) it's in a red tub MWF, there's bout 6 more soaps I'm leaving out. Only got two creams. But I can get anything to lather and I've been at this for around 28 days now. I'm going to try bottled water tomorrow what soap should I try or cream? Thanks

I am liking my Parker. I started with a VDH boar. Once it was broken in it was ok, but I never got the creamy lather I saw with others. I bought an Escali cheapie to try and it was better, but it was less forgiving with water amount. I found I often over watered my lather. The CHPB I bought at Merz is a lather machine. I am finally starting to get that proper consistency I have been after on a regular basis.

I've found my Simpson Berkeley to work nicely for face lathering and bowl lathering. It's small, but soft without being mushy. IIRC it's right in the $75 price range.

Top Bottom