What's new

Cologne/EDT that pairs nicely with Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue?

(N.B. I did a search of some old threads, but didn't turn up any good leads...)

Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue is one of my preferred aftershaves - but the scent lasts rather long on me, and not all of my colognes "play nice" with it.

Thankfully, I like the scent of the AV. Can anyone recommend a cologne/EDT with a similar scent? Or something in the same neighborhood that is complementary? (I know AV is an "old school" kind of scent, but I enjoy plenty of those... English Leather, Pino Silvestre, Canoe, Avon Wild Country, etc...)

Or, if you have a combination that isn't a close match but just works for you, feel free to let me know. For example, I've worn Yardley Citrus & Wood with the AV and it worked.

Aqua Cologne of course! :lol:

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437544207.156613.jpg

Mr Modern, as you've already discovered, AV ice blue works fine with a wide array of colognes. I like woods, aquatics and evergreens. Or, just by itself is great, since the aftershave has long half life! Enjoy!

$image.jpg

I work with a guy who often wears some kind of cologne that reminds me of Ice Blue, only a bit stronger/deeper. Stuff smells really good tho; I will have to ask him what it is sometime.

Did not know that there is an Aqua Velva Ice Blue cologne. I have been using YSL Rive Gauche edt with the AV aftershave, and think the two go together quite well.

Now confused. From a brief search on the internet, I will agree that there was an Aqua Velva Ice Blue Cologne. But the only place I can find it for sale is on Ebay. Is it out of production? Fragrancex listed it but also indicated it was out of stock. Hmmm?

Top Bottom