What's new

SE caught my eye.

You guys are scaring me, I still want to like my Gillette DE collection, lol!

DE's are great too. Just didn't realize there was this other fantastic shave experience to be had.

Just ordered a Micromatic. Good price, good condition. Couldn't pass it up.

Also, just finished watching this great YouTube video about the razor. I really like this fellow. I've watched several of his shaving videos. After watching this I got the Micromatic :thumbup1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d87osB6n_fM

Last time I checked they weren't exactly giving away Fatboys. [emoji4]

--Bob
Usually they don't give away lather catchers either.... But there are a LOT less Lather Catchers then Fatboy's around today. There were literately millions of Fatboys made not so many Lather Catchers.....

If you are looking for a Lather Catcher at a decent price I would advise anybody to search in French & German EBay.....Use Google translation and put in your search in their native language....I wouldn't use the English translated version of French & German EBay because a lot of the stuff remains hidden....:w00t:

I think this is because most EU sellers don't advertise International Shipping Options and they don't show up if you search in the English language....If you contact the seller they will usually be glad to post items abroad.....Lather Catchers on USA EBay fetch far higher prices and their is more competition pushing the prices up.....:w00t:

Star/Kampfe Lather Catchers are plentiful at the moment in the EU at very reasonable prices..They cost a small fortune in the USA..:001_cool:

Billy

i bought this one from ebay the other day and got it delivered today. i was interested in comparisons to DE.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261973557688

had my first shave tonight and pretty sure i prefer it. wasnt a BBS but then again i havent managed one of those with DE either. definitely close enough tho and i loved the scraping sound :)
also got a schick type E on the way, and im expecting that to be better/closer/more able to manouevre round face contours due to smaller head, altho i like the looks of the ER more.

i read that theres different types of the ER 1912, could anyone look at that link for me and tell me exactly what ive got please?

thanks a lot :)

i bought this one from ebay the other day and got it delivered today. i was interested in comparisons to DE.

had my first shave tonight and pretty sure i prefer it. wasnt a BBS but then again i havent managed one of those with DE either. definitely close enough tho and i loved the scraping sound :)
also got a schick type E on the way, and im expecting that to be better/closer/more able to manouevre round face contours due to smaller head, altho i like the looks of the ER more.

i read that theres different types of the ER 1912, could anyone look at that link for me and tell me exactly what ive got please?

Nice looking razor. I don't know enough about SE's yet to give you any info. I'm sure someone will be able to help you though.

This was answered earlier. You have the English version of the razor. Bob gave an excellent answer.

If you're buying on US eBay most of the Ever-Ready 1912's you see will be American made. The British ones will usually be advertised as such, since they are not as common and seem to fetch a small premium. Not surprisingly they are much more common on UK eBay.

It was around 1933-1934 when ASR stopped producing Ever-Ready branded razors in their American plant.

American Ever-Ready 1912's have "Made in USA" stamped on the inside of the blade holder and British models have "Made in England" stamped on the back side of the lather catcher.

--Bob

You can spend some serious money on some SEs. The EverReady Streamline is a thing of beauty but is not cheap.
full

Last edited by a moderator:
This was answered earlier. You have the English version of the razor. Bob gave an excellent answer.

You can spend some serious money on some SEs. The EverReady Streamline is a thing of beauty but is not cheap.
thanks :001_smile yep, i know its the english version, but i started noticing different 'variants' in peoples posts (streamline, featherweights etc etc) so wondered if mine could be narrowed down even further.

thanks :001_smile yep, i know its the english version, but i started noticing different 'variants' in peoples posts (streamline, featherweights etc etc) so wondered if mine could be narrowed down even further.

You have an English made Ever-Ready 1912 with the ornate handle sometimes referred to as the "Chain Link" or "Art Deco" handle. It probably was made sometime in the 1930's, although it's impossible to say for certain.

Without having the case there is not much more that can be determined.

Like most 1912's, it is right in the middle of the aggression spectrum. Some find the English version to be more aggressive than the US version, but I personally cannot tell much difference.

Being a 1912 it should be an excellent shaver. Since you're in the UK, load it up with a Gem stainless steel blade from Connaught Shaving.

--Bob

You have an English made Ever-Ready 1912 with the ornate handle sometimes referred to as the "Chain Link" or "Art Deco" handle. It probably was made sometime in the 1930's, although it's impossible to say for certain.

Without having the case there is not much more that can be determined.

Like most 1912's, it is right in the middle of the aggression spectrum. Some find the English version to be more aggressive than the US version, but I personally cannot tell much difference.

Being a 1912 it should be an excellent shaver. Since you're in the UK, load it up with a Gem stainless steel blade from Connaught Shaving.

--Bob
yep, done that, got the blades from connaught.

thanks a lot for the info mate :)

Top Bottom