What's new

August 2015 Shaving Restraint (MoRo-August)

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Looking for a way to curb your AD's? Getting disapproving looks from your significant other? Running short of space to store your supplies? Running out of money? Challenged to beat the Darth Lord in a restraint?

This is the perfect opportunity for you.

This restraint is for August 1-31, 2015.

All are welcome!

Rules:

1. * No personal shaving purchases. Members may purchase shaving related items for others to encourage the hobby/lifestyle. However, members are not allowed to request any form of compensation in return, please use your best judgement. Also, no sampling / testing of those items permitted.
  2. Members must have the necessary supplies to last the length of the restraint.
  3. GIFT cards cannot be redeemed for shaving items (even if the cards are from previous months).
  4. Any shaving services, like replating or restorations, that are paid for in the month of the restraint will cause you to fail the restraint.
*Exceptions:

1. Members that have committed themselves and successfully completed the July restraint will be allowed to restock/treewhale on August 1st ONLY. Rid your system of any AD's in preparation for another month.
  2. Members may participate in B&B Group Buys or B&B branded shaving item purchases, because these may be limited items and all support this common ground. They must be advertised on behalf of B&B to qualify. In an effort to stay true to restraints commitments, please limit B&B purchases to one (1) shaving item per month, including contributions to B&B! (All Non-Shaving B&B items are fair game).
  3. Sue Moore Items are all exempt from the no buying rules. Treewhaling on anything Sue Moore related is HIGHLY encouraged.
This is perfect for those (like me) who failed the yearly or quarterly sabbatical that want to curb their ADs. We will welcome those who fail every month and want to give it another shot, even those that fail on the first day of the restraint ....looking at you Darth Lords...........

Remember everyone, it is normally harder than it sounds, so keep fighting the urge!

Leaders will check in for roll call at some points of the restraint - none yet aside from myself. A
nyone else that wants to assist with this effort is welcome.

Mods:

We humbly request you leave this thread in the General Shaving Discussion forum until August 2nd so we can get as many as possible to see the restraint. Afterwards, you can move the thread to Brotherhoods and Clubs.

Tips
Check out this Wiki article for tips on how to survive a restraint

How to Join:

Copy the entire list below and add your number and name to the bottom. Also, you are welcome to update your signature to show you are in the restraint -- for example, MoRO(August) #1. To do so, click Settings at the top of forum and then click Edit Signature on the left.

1) CzechCzar
2)
3)
4)
5)

Logistics
I am not able to update the list regularly, as I will have limited internet access in the upcoming weeks. Please update the list if you join or leave. Always look to the most recent non-reply version of the list to add/or delete yourself as a member.

For a good example of proper form, look to post #3 in this thread.

Last edited:
I'll join this one. I'm already in the July and 'Til Fall restraints, so what the heck! The risk is that I'm on the wait list for a Wolfman OC, so if I get word from James in August I'll have to bow out. Given the time he is appropriately using to ensure each shipped razor is perfect, I may make it. When I'm before a real computer tomorrow, I'll add my handle to the list.

icon1.png

1) CzechCzar
2) Blade4vor
3) pbrmhl
4) Krakatoa
5) Mostho
6) Pepin

I will be in for August. Visiting friends in Germany at the moment, so I am picking up a few things this month.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Please count me in. Hopefully, 17 pucks of Williams and 400 blades will be enough.

1) CzechCzar
2) Blade4vor
3) pbrmhl
4) Krakatoa
5) Mostho
6) Pepin
7) Ad Astra

AA

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I am quite happy - James at Wolfman razors got my OC ready just in time and I purchased it before the restraint started.

I'm in the GRU-Fall restraint so I might as well sign up for this as well.

1) CzechCzar
2) Blade4vor
3) pbrmhl
4) Krakatoa
5) Mostho
6) Pepin
7) Ad Astra
8) Billy Goatee
9) MuhleShaver

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Hey mods - would you mind keeping this as a sticky on the general shaving subforum, so that we get as many as possible before August 1?

Top Bottom