What's new

Drinking Coffee in the Evening

Does anyone here drink decaf in the evenings? This is to avoid not getting any sleep at night.

The last couple times I drank regular coffee at night I fell asleep really late. Like 2 AM or later.

I have uncles that drink regular coffee at night all the time and they say they can sleep well.

Anyone else have similar problems?

I'm thinking of trying decaf at night to see how it goes.

Coffee in the evening, or even coffee after around 4pm, is generally a no go for me. Unless I need to stay up very late for some reason.

Haven't really run across a decaf coffee I've liked so far, the few times I've tried it.

I stopped using sugar in my coffee last November, and it seems that if I have coffee late after 4pm I can still get a reasonable night's sleep.

I'm thinking at least right now the sugar is more the culprit at least for me. I don't drink it often enough to really tell the difference as of yet.

-Stephen

I LOVE coffee at night. It's just a great way to relax. But I don't do it often as mentioned above with the no sleep thing going on. I won't do the green label stuff as de-caf in my household is verboten.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I used to have no trouble with coffee in the evening or even well late at night after a nice supper. Then, I got older.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Getting old is not for wimps. I used to drink coffee all day and in the evening too. Then I too got old!!!
one or two cups in the morning and sometimes one cup after dinner. Used to brew in a large Chemex now I brew in an Aeropress or small French press. BUT I still refuse to drink decaf. Tooey!!

One cup black (drip) in the office, during lunch
One cup (sugar and milk) via Bialetti, around 8pm, after dinner.

Fresh grind every 2-3 days, manually courtesy of Hario.
The last time I grind, there is this song going in my head:
[to the tune of Donna Summer's "She Works Hard For The Money"]

I grind hard for my coffee
So hard for my coffee
I grind hard for my coffee
So it damn better taste alright

Last edited:
There are decafs that are full flavored and I can't really distinguish from regular. I drink Peet's Major Dickason's regular in the morning and the decaf version of the same at night. Very satisfactory.

Regularly drink evening coffee. In fact I feel a little off with coffee before work but at night it's perfect. I know, it's weird.

I drink coffee right up to bed time. My only problem is that it makes me have to use the bathroom. My wife is affected by caffeine at night so we usually do have decaf in the evening.

Interesting feedback. I've tried decaf a couple times and it has helped. I also try to stay away from caffeinated sodas and energy drinks at night.

Top Bottom