What's new

How "fine" are Fine after shaves?

The fact that Mr Fine's aftershaves are stripped down to the basics, alcohol and scents, are the reason I like them so much.

+?

If you don't like the formula, don't buy it. Get something else. It is what it is. I keep Platinum and American Blend in my rotation. They don't pretend to be skin conditioners..............

Bought a sampler and i've tried all of them at least once except Clean Vetiver. For me, L'Orange Noir and American Blend are clear full bottle purchases. Still deciding on Fresh Vetiver and Snake Bite. My wife doesn't like Platinum, so that's out!

I don't have a ton of experience as a newer wet shaver, so i'll be sure to compare them to the other samples I have (CC, Chiseled Face, Stirling).

Well, for starters, add something to moisturize or to sooth skin. Like witch hazel.

Most mornings my face doesn't need soothing or moisturizing. All I want/need is an invigorating alcohol burn, a nice scent, and maybe a menthol chill.

On those occasions when I do need soothing/moisturizing, I simply follow up my splash with a dab of unscented balm.

I like the concept of simple products that do one job and do it well.

If someone wants those ingredients in their aftershave splash that's fine (no pun intended), but I don't see the absence of such ingredients as a shortcoming.

--Bob

American Blend is the best AS I've used to date out of the dozen or so I own. When it ran out I bought the sample set. I like them all (except the Snake Bite, which is basically just Vick's that makes your eyes water), especially the Clean Vetiver and surprisingly, the L'Orange Noir. I have had acne issues and staph in the past, so I appreciate the alcohol. And my face is on the oily side so I don't need conditioning or moisturizing. If I ever do or if I get some (rare) burn, I'll apply some Nivea, Kiehl's Facial Fuel or Gentlement's Refinery balm. Because balms and after shaves are two different products meant for two different purposes.

Last edited:
American Blend is the best AS I've used to date out of the dozen or so I own. When it ran out I bought the sample set. I like them all (except the Snake Bite, which is basically just Vick's that makes your eyes water), especially the Clean Vetiver and surprisingly, the L'Orange Noir. I have had acne issues and staph in the past, so I appreciate the alcohol. And my face is on the oily side so I don't need conditioning or moisturizing. If I ever do or if I get some (rare) burn, I'll apply some Nivea, Kiehl's Facial Fuel or Gentlement's Refinery balm. Because balms and after shaves are two different products meant for two different purposes.

Definitely IMHO. I use both to achieve different objectives. I do not think that I would find a single product to meet all my needs. Obviously YMMV. :thumbup1:

Definitely IMHO. I use both to achieve different objectives. I do not think that I would find a single product to meet all my needs. Obviously YMMV. :thumbup1:

+1. Plus: if you want witch hazel, why not splash on some witch hazel before your AS splash? If you want some healing, splash on some Lucky Tiger Aftershave and Face Tonic. If you want some more healing, use a balm instead. If you just want some moisturizing, add some glycerin to your AS. If you want it all in one product, use something like the Stirling AS splashes.

Something for everyone! :w00t:

Top Bottom