What's new

Geo F Trumper

I didn't really care for the scent of GFT. My favorites from Trumper are Sandalwood and Almond. I found the Rose to be good as well.

My favorite Trumpers would be Coconut, followed by Spanish Leather.
My least favorite is, without doubt, Eucris.
GFT was middle of the road for me,I could take it or leave it.

I've read that the scent in Trumpers creams is an indicator of a key ingredient intended to benefit particular skin types/conditions.
They break down as follows:

Almond
Normal to dry skin

Sandalwood
Normal skin

GFT Citrus/lavender/musk
Normal skin.

West Indian Extract of Limes
Normal to oily skin

Coconut Oil
Sensitive to normal skin

Rose
Sensitive skin

Violet
Sensitive skin

Source : enchanteonline

My least favorite is, without doubt, Eucris.

I forgot about Eucris. That's another one I haven't tried. I don't like the cologne, so I never considered the cream. I really need to try Spanish Leather one of these days. How close is the shaving cream to the cologne, provided you've tried it?

I've read that the scent in Trumpers creams is an indicator of a key ingredient intended to benefit particular skin types/conditions.

IMO, that's marketing hooey. A quick look at the ingredients list of Trumper creams reveals they all have the same base. The only differences are in scent and coloring. Fragrance oils don't do much in terms of efficacy. Saying they are "an indicator of a key ingredient intended to benefit particular skin types/conditions" is unsupportable babble akin to a snake-oil sales pitch. Noting that the claim comes from Charles Roberts is redundant.

I forgot about Eucris. That's another one I haven't tried. I don't like the cologne, so I never considered the cream. I really need to try Spanish Leather one of these days. How close is the shaving cream to the cologne, provided you've tried it?

Same thing in reverse.
Didn't like the cream, so I skipped on the cologne.

------
W/ regards to the scent/performance- that is the only place I've seen that listed as such. I

To me, the coconut does seem to perform better than the others . my imagination - maybe. I do enjoy it considerably more, and therefore reach for more often than the other. Eucris only had one use, before I tossed it - had to be off.

I was not trying to confirm the proposed scents/performance - merely pass it on as an interesting bit of info. Sounds as if you have some experience there. Didn't mean to step on any toes.

Last edited:
I was not trying to confirm the proposed scents/performance - merely pass it on as an interesting bit of info. Sounds as if you have some experience there. Didn't mean to step on any toes.

You didn't step on any toes. I knew you were just passing on information you read. I didn't do a good job of making it clear my ire was aimed at the message and the one who created it, rather than you. My apologies for that.

That said, Trumper's own advertising copy gives legs to the notion that the coconut oil shaving cream is somehow different/better than the other creams for those who need extra moisturizing. Frankly, I deem their claim that the cream is "scented with coconut oil" to be an outright falsehood. That's like saying their rose cream is scented with roses, or their sandalwood cream is scented with sandalwood oil. They're not. However, that doesn't stop the coconut oil cream from being an excellent choice for a lot of people. As I've said, it's my favorite of the line, too.

+1, I love the Spanish Leather aftershave. How does the scent of the cream compare?

Violet tops my list, followed closely by Rose. The others all perform very well, but I've never taken a liking to their Sandalwood....too sweet for my nose.

Rose is also my favorite, but only during the top half of the tub. After the scent weakens, I don't find it as much as the olfactory experience that I like in this cream. (Perhaps I should get the tube instead?) Limes is my second favorite. Didn't like Violet as much as I thought I would, but it still comes in third place.

Never tried the GFT GFT cream.

Top Bottom