What's new

Does anyone else find this really creepy?

You know....I was just watching Robot Chicken..they had an episode where the scientist was speaking of some new development in female inspired robotics.

Then, one of the audience members inquired if he could have sex with the robot, much to the scientist's chagrin.

Obviously the language of the skit was much more crude than the way I explained it, but you get the point.

To answer your question....yes, it is creepy, very creepy indeed.

I am pretty sure the Japanese already have or will soon have a sexbot. They seem to be about the best in the world at robotics. They have robotics shows like we have car shows.

You know....I was just watching Robot Chicken..they had an episode where the scientist was speaking of some new development in female inspired robotics.

Then, one of the audience members inquired if he could have sex with the robot, much to the scientist's chagrin.

Obviously the language of the skit was much more crude than the way I explained it, but you get the point.

To answer your question....yes, it is creepy, very creepy indeed.

"Can ya **** it?!" :lol::lol:

I presume this is the result of men having problems with the 'modern liberated woman', so they went and made their own woman, the way they like it. I wonder when these bots will be meeting Mom. :lol:

Not really. Granted it has a good makeup, but the electronics inside are that great compared to what can be done with today's technology and a good budget. As he said, the lips are very primitive. That is not so evident to the to us because we are used to hear Japanese movies with bad lip sync

Probably because it's lost in the "Uncanny Valley" (not the valley you yodel up :001_tt2:). It's the name given to the sudden drop in empathy most people feel for near-human objects. Like how a Teddy bear is cute, but if it starts walking around and trying to look you in the eyes it seems like it should be in a horror movie.

For most people, the closer something gets to looking like an average human, the more missing details stand out and take away the illusion or make you uncomfortable. Which is why the toys in Toy Story seemed more human than the humans, or why something like The Polar Express is less involving than Ratattouille. This is also why the near-human creatures in movies like Silent Hill (or the unnatural movements of the girl in The Ring) are so unsettling.

As for that "girl" in the video, it looks like a mildly motorized RealDoll. Science is capable of robots that move much more realistically - just watch a recent movie with animatronics. More interesting to me are things like the video of the four-legged robot than can maintain its balance under almost any situation or impact, on ice, gravel, hills or solid, flat ground.

Probably because it's lost in the "Uncanny Valley" (not the valley you yodel up :001_tt2:). It's the name given to the sudden drop in empathy most people feel for near-human objects. Like how a Teddy bear is cute, but if it starts walking around and trying to look you in the eyes it seems like it should be in a horror movie.

For most people, the closer something gets to looking like an average human, the more missing details stand out and take away the illusion or make you uncomfortable. Which is why the toys in Toy Story seemed more human than the humans, or why something like The Polar Express is less involving than Ratattouille. This is also why the near-human creatures in movies like Silent Hill (or the unnatural movements of the girl in The Ring) are so unsettling.

As for that "girl" in the video, it looks like a mildly motorized RealDoll. Science is capable of robots that move much more realistically - just watch a recent movie with animatronics. More interesting to me are things like the video of the four-legged robot than can maintain its balance under almost any situation or impact, on ice, gravel, hills or solid, flat ground.
QFT on the uncanny valley.
We as humans seem to find things that exhibit anthropomorphic traits appealing, but when it comes to actual human replicas, it seems like our brains think we should be dealing with a 1:1 human being, and when it ends up being even just the slightest bit short of that we focus in on those missing flaws like our minds are screaming "FAKE, IT'S A TRAP, RUN AWAY"

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Attention women of Earth: your reign of terror is drawing to a close. :001_tt2:

Yes. I find all YouTube links to be creepy. I think I'm the only person left on earth who has no interest in it. :frown:

Top Bottom