What's new

How do you create your soap "rotation"

So...I currently have around 17 soaps and a few more are in the mail. I am working towards eventually having my top ten high performance soaps/creams on my shelf and ditching the rest...and then creating a rotation of the ten so that no single soap feels ignored.:blush: How do you establish your soap rotation?

I'm totally weird, I will change week by week. I use a Merkur razor and blade for one week using European products like Cella, PannaCrema, Tabac, and Arko, with assorted AS's. The next week is DE89 with Shark blade and
all Captains Choice products, that's about it!

When I am on the last part of a soap I will continue to use that soap until it is used up. Otherwise, I use one soap for a week and then move on to the next.

I use one soap until I feel like using another. I used Mitchell's wool fat from January until mid June or so with the exception of a couple shaves where I tried out new products. Then I used Razorock classic for a couple weeks and now I am using some vintage Old Spice that I am really enjoying.

I rotate between 4 or 5 different soaps but often use 1 of them 50% of the time. Which one, depends on the season. I also keep stocks fresh by not stocking more than 2 years worth of soap supplies.

I have only a few soaps, and I decide which one to pick when I'm at the sink.

Exception: travel ... I use my Tabac and De Vergulde Hand sticks in my travel kit.

I personally like to rotate on a weekly basis i will change either the soap the brush the razor or the blade.

I found out that having a bit of stability makes my shave better as it takes me a couple of days to adjust if i change too many elements.

I just pick what I fancy, the vast majority of the time that's either MWF, Soap Commander or RazoRock. Others may be on borrowed time as I should really move on the ones that I don't use much. Still, soap doesn't go off...

I go to the shelf pick 1 out use it next day I grab something else. I try not to over think it.:w00t::biggrin1:

Same here. The reason being I have way too many for an orderly rotation. But if you can thin the herd to 10, that should be manageable. Line them up and just go from left to right or vice versa.

Just like selecting a movie or a meal at a restaurant. Peruse the options, then go with whatever jumps out at you above the others.
Whichever suits the mood I suppose. Eventually a general rotation emerges on it's own anyhow as you'll choose your favorites the most frequently - because you like them the best, not because it's their day on the "schedule."

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
I pick a soap/cream and use it. Soap has no feelings, so none will feel left out

I only use one soap, but with 12-15 different scents and rotate them each day unless I want to spend a few days with one particular scent. :001_smile

Top Bottom