What's new

Nickel plated

This one caught my eye recently and I picked it up, nickel plated, which was a bit of an oddity I guess for this particular razor. The nice thing is, it came full boat, and everything NOS and never used :001_smile

Very nice, actually outstanding!! I won't ask cost, but pray tell, what is the back story. How, where, when, from whom?

Very nice, actually outstanding!! I won't ask cost, but pray tell, what is the back story. How, where, when, from whom?

A very good friend of the family had it for years after it was presented to her husband who had worked for Gillette. After he had passed, she kept it in a china cabinet, still unused after all those years. As I'm sure many of you can imagine, it was a very humbling experience when I was visiting her with my wife last week, she opened up the glass cabinet door and handed it to me.

Well now all that's left to do is find another toggle, any toggle as your user one and let that beauty just sit and look pretty.

The fact is, out of sheer respect, I am not going to use it. I've got quite a few other really nice razors to use, a NOS fat boy, the '49 and '50 executives, a gold executive fat boy, a gold toggle, English aristocrats, and quite a few others, all in mint nearly NOS condition, so there's no need to use this one.
Actually, I'm waiting for the arrival of a gorgeous 1800's Wade & Butcher straight razor, and a really pretty Otto Deutsch Hans I had professionally honed, so I don't think I'll be using any of the DE's for a while. Lol, like they say, shave like a real man! :)

Wow. That's gorgeous.

You should also go post that picture in the DE razor subforum. I think there might be a lot of guys there who would really love to see it who might not come into this section of the forum very often.

Top Bottom