What's new

Personna 74-0002 HOLY COW!

So I have been running through a box of Polsilver and Feather...

Polsiver has just been ok, always leaving something after 3 passes. It's fine, since I LIKE to shave.

The Feathers, I get great shaves with, but sometimes my skin feels REALLY tight and hurty, I use to much pressure now and then on my cheeks. No more than 2 passes or it's razor burn city!

Well, for the past 3 days I've had these incredible shaves, I mean smooth, irritation free, no missed spots after 2 passes. I mean just wonderful, my face feels good, and I keep rubbing my cheeks because it's awesome. I thought my technique was just gettign really good and the feathers were really shining! I finally see what all the hub-bub was about with Feather.... AND it's lasting 3 days without any sign of use! Well after my shave I take the cap of my ATT S2, and much to my surprise I see Personna, something about for medical use or medical grade. I forgot I popped the Feather out and switched it out with this sample razor blade. I was floored.. lol needless to say, I have a 100 pack on the way.

Same here... I've gotten 5 good shaves before I could even tell there was a little friction building. With the 100 pack you will spend about $0.34 a blade (depending on from where you purchase). I get 35% more use than the four other brands I've tried. This brings the cost (about $0.22) in line with other economical choices. Love the Meds, and made in the USA. Not much DE shaving gear can be sourced here.

The Med Preps are a very good blade in my opinion.

I prefer Feathers and Polsilvers, personally, but if I couldn't shave with either of those I'd happily take my Meds. :rolleyes:

I'm not crazy about the Polsilvers but I got the made in India ones... This could be a factor. I really like the Voskhod brand, but I'm just so blown away by the personnas.

Great blades, glad you like them.

Most numerous blade in my stash....

BTW: They possess great longevity i.e.. many shaves apiece!!!!

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I tend to prefer the Israeli Reds over the Med Preps, but you'll never hear me say an unkind word about the Med Preps. They are fantastic blades.

Congratulations on finding your soul mate!

Crystals and Reds for me (are we still talking blades?), but it seems that Personna anything is a good blade. I've liked the Blues, too.

I guess you have found the perfect blade! I know that feeling when you;re done shaving and you have no irritations. I found that Permasharp works the best for me. The shaves are so smooth and slick, no nicks or razor burns afterwards. I can shave 5/8 times with one blade. Bought 200 of them longtime ago and when I can I'll get 1000 of them.

I'm glad you have found the perfect combo :thumbup:

Added to the perfect Above the Tie Slant, and amazing brushes, I have an amazing shave every time. The new discovery is just a cherry on top... :) it saddens me that many men out there will never know this nirvana. We truly lost something in the disposable razor era.

Top Bottom