What's new

Stirling Syndicate

OK - here's a new question about Stirling. I was looking at their list of AS splashes a few days ago and now when I've come back I see that several are no longer listed. The one that I was most interested in was the Black Pepper Lime. That appears to have disappeared in both the AS and the soap categories. Did they recently cull their line?

They have updated their offerings to incorporate their fall line. Generally, when their offering is sold out, it disappears until it gets restocked. You could email Rod and Mandy at Stirling to see whats up.

That's good to know. I've only recently been looking at Stirling, so I don't know how they operate. I'd assumed that there was a core of soaps that they always offered and then had some seasonal ones. Perhaps the ones I was looking at were just seasonal. I'm not in any rush at the moment - I just started a monthly restraint yesterday and I'm hoping that I can at least make it for a week or two. . . . :001_smile

Products will come up and go down as they are available. If you're worried about it not coming back, just drop Rod and Mandy an email, they are very responsive!

Yup, and some disappear forever. In addition to emailing them directly, you can also check out their facebook page, where they usually announce what's coming and when.

My luck is bad in these things--the surest way for something to go off the market is for me to discover I like it--when I find something of theirs that I like I stock up.

Stirling soap is quite possibly the BEST for the money, heck the best at any price point, IMHO. Slickness and ease of lather like no other.

Rod is a class act, for sure. Don't hesitate to email him directly, he responds personally and quickly! He operates his business as a true gentleman would!

Used Stirling Frozen Tundra today. Just enough Menthol, and a nice, but mild, earthy scent! I need to order some more samplers from him, branch out a little!

I've been sniffing the Soapy Bathman Blackjack since box #2 arrived. My first thought was that its scent reminded me of shoe polish (a good thing!) and then I realized that wasn't quite right. As a lifelong fan of anise/fennel/licorice in their various combinations and permutations, I should have figured it out earlier. Blackjack is anise and spearmint-scented very much like the gum of the same name. It's made by Soapy Bathman and sold by Tiki.

Lather was excellent, though it was a little challenging to gather soap on the brush. I'm sure it'll be fine with a full-size puck.

Today's hardware:

• Razor: Feather AS-D2
  • Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2nd shave)
  • Brush: Wolf Whiskers Silvertip
proxy.php

My biggest surprise during the shave was the dominance of the spearmint aroma. In fact, it was a really "cold" shave in the style of the mentholated face-freezers, only with a spearmint vs. menthol flavor. I liked it!

Last edited:
The Soapy Bathman Blackjack is one I haven't tried but was meaning to. I haven't tried any of their soaps yet but I should. I still have the jar I pulled the sample from so maybe I'll have to reach into the soap refill box and give that one a try. I do like spearmint so if that's the dominant note then maybe I'll enjoy it. I skipped it because it wasn't a scent that I'd normally choose but I do wonder about the performance of their soaps since they have some other interesting scents.

They have banana scented soap as well as a fresh laundry one that caught my attention. There are others that are appealing to me as well.

Definitely give it a try. Think of Yeti Snot (maybe not quite that extreme), but with a spearmint accent and better lather. Very nice.

Definitely give it a try. Think of Yeti Snot (maybe not quite that extreme), but with a spearmint accent and better lather. Very nice.

I have QCS Vostok as well as Stirling Glacial so I'm no stranger to the extremely cold menthol soaps. I don't use them every day but they're kinda fun to use every now and then during our hot Arizona summers. I'll likely give it a try.

I am still amazed by how much slickness that I get from these Soaps! I have not had a bad shave yet with Stirling. Soaps from them have been, along with my Fat Boy, my best acquisitions yet!

I have a few more reviews to post but wanted to let everyone know that box #1 is packed up and will be dropped off tomorrow for shipment to TheVez2.

I've added three soaps to the box.

1) RazoRock XX. I figured I might as well round out the trio. The scent on this has faded a little but should come out once lathered.

2) RazoRock San Valentino Limited Edition.

3) HTGAM CaD. This is the Synergy 2.0 formula and it's one of my favorite scents.

This is a great opportunity David has put together for us to experience a ton of quality soaps. I hope everyone enjoys it as much as I did

Thanks for your work on this David!

Last edited:
I have a few more reviews to post but wanted to let everyone know that box #1 is packed up and will be dropped off tomorrow for shipment to TheVez2.

I've added three soaps to the box.

1) RazoRock XX. I figured I might as well round out the trio. The scent on this has faded a little but should come out wants lathered.

2) RazoRock San Valentino Limited Edition.

3) HTGAM CaD. This is the Synergy 2.0 formula and it's one of my favorite scents.

This is a great opportunity David has put together for us to experience a ton of quality soaps. I hope everyone enjoys it as much as I did

Thanks for your work on this David!

Nice adds. Thanks

Today's shave featured the last of my selected Tiki samples, 1920s Barber Shoppe. As I've said elsewhere, I tend to think of the "barbershop" appellation as being a catchall for anything a soap maker wishes it to express. It's as non-specific a scent category as it's possible to have, slightly edging "fougere" in that regard for me. Tiki's version is, frankly, the only one I've liked - in fact, it's the only barbershop scent that's made it past my initial sniff test. Their website describes it as "powder and musk". I definitely don't care for baby powder scents, but this is perhaps slightly reminiscent of barbershop talc. Anyway, I liked it. :)

I thought that the lather was every bit as good as Tiki's other soaps, if not slightly thicker and more yogurt-y. It brushed on thickly peaked and had great staying power throughout each pass.

Today's hardware:

• Razor: Feather AS-D2
  • Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (3rd shave)
  • Brush: Simpson PJ2 Best

proxy.php

The very pleasant aroma remained during the entire shave and is still vaguely detectable now, a couple of hours later. A quick splash of VIBR and I was ready for Friday!

Excellent, thank you for this. Of their line up, XX was the one I was curious to try!

RazoRock has it's soaps made by several different soap makers. The XX is made by TFS and is a different formula that XXX or One X. The scent is another from AdP and it's really nice and very likable, though I found the performance to be not quite as good as the other X series soaps that are made by a different Artisan using a completely different formula. Still a good soap though and definitely worth trying. I'm not sure why they didn't have all three X series soaps made by the same provider, then again RazoRock seems to like to keep everyone guessing.

Definitely a nice addition to the box though. I'd have included some had I not PIF'd my tub of XX a long time ago. The other soaps Mike added are great as well. The San Valentino is unobtainium at this point, I've tried it and it's quite nice. I'd like to try the CaD myself as I haven't experienced that scent yet and while Synergy is gone that soap scent can be purchased under the Phoenix Artisan label with a slightly different but very similar formula.

I'll be adding some new scents as well. I've got a couple of B&M black label samples already set aside and will be including some others stuff from my regular stash as well ( we will see what I have when that time comes around - I believe the 2nd pass is arriving before the sample box so my rotation may be growing significantly - I think I got 5 new soaps last time!)

0. dfoulk
1. Corsair66 (helping to moderate this)- in possession of Box 2
2. mbkintner
3. TheVez2 - box 1 in transit
4. Floyd923
5. BJ Rose
6. bjhubb
7. mrlandpirate
8. tclobaugh (helping to moderate this)
9. Horvy
10. dangerousdon
11. JMurphy