What's new

Stirling Syndicate

I've got Ozark Mountain as well, and really like the smell. I really suck at making lather, so I haven't gotten the best out of any of the soaps I've tried. Also have the Margaritas in the Arctic AS Balm, it too is a winner. Smells good, not greasy, with a little hit of menthol.

The Canadian retailer I got it from was limited in what he had, but I really want to try their Black Cherry and Vanilla Sandalwood, among others.

Woo-hoo! Look at this big box of joy that showed up today!

$uploadfromtaptalk1440635781317.jpg

I've got Ozark Mountain as well, and really like the smell. I really suck at making lather, so I haven't gotten the best out of any of the soaps I've tried. Also have the Margaritas in the Arctic AS Balm, it too is a winner. Smells good, not greasy, with a little hit of menthol.

The Canadian retailer I got it from was limited in what he had, but I really want to try their Black Cherry and Vanilla Sandalwood, among others.

Have you face lathered with the Stirling? That worked well for me.

Question. I've been using Ben Frankin Witch Hazel & Aloe. Is this stuff supposed to be used as an aftershave? Or before an aftershave? Thanks!

I use it as an aftershave with nothing before or after, it's moisturizing on its own. His alcohol containing aftershaves are good too but be prepared for a little burn.

I was using Thayer's Alcohol Free WH as an "aftershave" for a while

I still do on occasion. I especially like the rose or lavender following the same scented shaving soap. I haven't tried any of theirs with alcohol but I have a couple that I need to break the seal on.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I use it as an aftershave with nothing before or after, it's moisturizing on its own. His alcohol containing aftershaves are good too but be prepared for a little burn.

The reason I asked is because I tried to use it alone as an AS yesterday, and my skin felt lacking. On the previous attempts, I applied the BF WH, and then applied some Ozark or Spice AS after about 5 minutes.

The BF is incredibly soothing, and smells very nostalgic. But after 5 minutes, I am left wanting something further.

So yesterday was a citrus day for me. I used RR lime glycerin pre shave puck, then a nice lather of Don Marco. After the shave, I hit the BF WH, and was going to leave it at that. When I was left unsatisfied, I decided to continue the citrus them and splashed on some Fine L'Orange Noir, and the combination of the BF and the L'Orange was wonderful.

I like Sharp Dressed Man, Gin & Tonic and ESPECIALLY Frozen Tundra - that stuff is frigid on the face! I did not like Texas On Fire - smelled too "camp fire" for me. Stirling is a high performing soap.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I've been using the Spice, Ozark, and Executive Man soaps recently. I've also got a few more pucks such as Barbershop, Lime and Black Cherry to tear into. But I've opened them and pressed them into their new containers already, and they all smell great. I will be buying more when i get through evaluating this batch. Wonderful stuff. And their splashes are great too.

I think tomorrow I will use the Barbershop, hit the face with some Ben Franklin, then finish it off with some Pinaud Clubman for a full bore barber shop experience. //shave_planned.

Sample box #2 arrived two days ago. I've been super busy, both with work and on my car project (making good progress there!), so only got to do the sniff through last night.

I pulled out eight soaps to try - some for lathering and some for the full shave experience. I was really excited to see Tiki's entire line, as her scents are very well done and I love her black cherry pipe tobacco masterpiece, The Captain.

Standby…

Sample box #2 arrived two days ago. I've been super busy, both with work and on my car project (making good progress there!), so only got to do the sniff through last night.

I pulled out eight soaps to try - some for lathering and some for the full shave experience. I was really excited to see Tiki's entire line, as her scents are very well done and I love her black cherry pipe tobacco masterpiece, The Captain.

Standby…

Amanda was incredibly generous in donating to this passaround but there are quite a few more Tiki soaps available that aren't in the box. What's in there barely scratches the surface of all that they offer. I'm looking to find a sample of Walk the Plank myself as it's a Malibu Rum and Sun Tan lotion scented soap that I can only find in a 12 oz jar. It sounds great but twelve ounces of soap is quite a bit to purchase without trying the scent first. I'm hoping someone adds a sample of that one before the box makes it back to me between rounds.

If you guys add any soap samples from the vendors donated please feel free to include them in that vendor's bag. I've done that with a couple vendors where I've had some additional scents. It would be really nice to have a complete collection, or as close to it as we can get, from each vendor. Plus even when the added soaps are eventually gone at least we can pick up the scent from the empty sample container.

Also, with this one feel free to add any soap samples you might like to the box. There are sample containers donated by Scott at Captain's Choice to make it easy.

It's not necessary and you don't have to add anything, but if you can add a sample or two of something you really like I'm sure others would really enjoy it.

For my first shave from sample box #2, I knew that I'd begin with Tiki. I picked a few from my sniff through and decided (OK, my wife decided) that I'd begin with Cabernet Neroli. I'm a big fan of neroli's orange blossom scent and I've been known to enjoy a bold cabernet on occasion. So, off I went…

Lathering was very straightforward and Tiki's tallow formulation worked as well here as it does with The Captain. The scent bloomed somewhat in the lather bowl and, at least to my nasal apparatus, the cabernet aroma dominated. I'd have preferred the neroli in front, but perhaps that's just me.

proxy.php

Today's hardware:

• Razor: Feather AS-D2
  • Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (4th shave)
  • Brush: Simpson PJ2 Best
The shave was nicely slick and cushioned leading to the usual excellent result. Nothing to complain about here at all, but the scent wasn't as big a hit as I'd hoped.

Onwards!

Top Bottom