What's new

Tried pre-shave lubrication for the first time. Wow!

So, before I started using a DE razor, I was a member of the Dollar Shave Club. In one of my last orders, I had included a tube of Dr. Carver's Easy Shave Butter. I had tried a sample of this back when I first joined, but I never ordered more because my wife insisted that I use up all the other shave creams and gels we had in the house (she sometimes does extreme couponing, so there were quite a few).

Well, after reading some other posts here, I decided to try shaving with that instead of my EJ Sandalwood soap. I did that yesterday, and the shave was amazing. Using a day-old Derby Extra in my MTO, I was able to go XTG and ATG for the first time with no weepers or irritation.

Since that went so well, this morning I decided to use both products. I tool a pea sized drop of Dr Carver's, and applied that before lathering up as normal. HOLY COW! The shave was even smoother than yesterday. It felt like I was wiping the whiskers off my face, to paraphrase Dr Carver's advertising.

So, I know that I will be using this type of pre-shave from now on. I know there are fans/opponents of this method, but I am definitely a convert!

:thumbup1:

P.S. any recommendations for comparable products are definitely welcome!

YMMV

When I started I used Trumper's Indian Lime Skin Food as a pre-shave because I was told to do so.

After a while I found it did not add to a better shaving. And stopped using it. Who knows? There's a world in each face...

If you liked it you should try olive oil as a preshave oil. It adds a lot of slickness to the shave, it will improve your shave for sure. I have been using it for a long period and I really can't do without. Your skin will feel so smooth and great when you're done shaving. You really should give this a try.

Top Bottom