What's new

L'occitane Cade Plisson Brush

I spoke with customer service today and determined why they are not on the site or in stores. They have had too many complaints of the knot falling out. Apparently they are working on a new glue formula. I was told it might be challenging due to their no animal products policy. I have no idea what that has to do with modern glue, but hopefully they figure it out soon. I was lucky to have found one at one of the stores within 100 miles of me and they are doing a store to store transfer. Pretty good service for a $30 item. I look forward to receiving it. My badgers, boars and horses need a break.

I spoke with customer service today and determined why they are not on the site or in stores. They have had too many complaints of the knot falling out. Apparently they are working on a new glue formula. I was told it might be challenging due to their no animal products policy. I have no idea what that has to do with modern glue, but hopefully they figure it out soon. I was lucky to have found one at one of the stores within 100 miles of me and they are doing a store to store transfer. Pretty good service for a $30 item. I look forward to receiving it. My badgers, boars and horses need a break.
That's odd. The brush I bought about a month or so ago is doing fine. I wonder if people are tugging on the knot when cleaning the soap out or using too hot of water when rinsing it.

Yeah that doesn't sound right at all. I know it was a problem with earlier ones but haven't heard it in a while. The reason they don't have any is because they stock them for occasions like Christmas and Father's Day and they sell out in a couple of weeks. For some reason they don't think they can maintain demand throughout the year. I'm sure they are still some stores that have them in stock from Father's Day.

I have never heard of this problem. Is it only the L'Occ brushes that are affected, or does it apply to all Plisson synths, regardless of where you purchase it?

This brush has been on my radar for a long time. I've been wanting to try out some of the upscale synthetics, and the Plisson seems highly regarded. This is the first negative comment I've heard, except for the fact they are so hard to find in L'Occ stores.

I don't know why people don't just buy direct from Plisson. You can get a nice one for only $35.00 and shipping to the USA is only about $6.00.

http://blaireauxplisson.com/en/39-shavingbrushes-fiber

First, thanks for posting, Ron. Back a while ago the prices they charged seemed to be significantly higher than at Cade. However, the choice of handles is outstanding.

One question: is there any difference in the performance of the brushes? I have the Cade version and have had no problems with it except I find it a tad floppy for my tastes.

First, thanks for posting, Ron. Back a while ago the prices they charged seemed to be significantly higher than at Cade. However, the choice of handles is outstanding.

One question: is there any difference in the performance of the brushes? I have the Cade version and have had no problems with it except I find it a tad floppy for my tastes.
One thing I don't like about the Plisson website is that they give no indication of knot dimensions or handle size. They just say that the brushes are a "Size 12," which is standard.

I'm used to seeing brushes described in diameter/loft in millimeters. I have no idea what "Size 12" means and I don't know of any other brush manufacturer that uses this measurement.

That site never came up on my searches. It ends up around $44 shipped. I'm happy with $30 + tax, but if I get another it will be from Plisson. Thanks for the link.

It's funny, if you do a search by putting in "Plisson shaving brushes" you can't find them.
If you do a search by putting in "shaving brushes Plisson" you will find them.

One thing I don't like about the Plisson website is that they give no indication of knot dimensions or handle size. They just say that the brushes are a "Size 12," which is standard.

I'm used to seeing brushes described in diameter/loft in millimeters. I have no idea what "Size 12" means and I don't know of any other brush manufacturer that uses this measurement.

I know what you mean but we know now it has a 22 mm knot by 56 mm loft. No excuse. Go buy one! Ha!

The performance seems the same to me. I have the first Cade version that came out and I will say the newer ones are slightly, hardly noticeable, more dense. I like them both for face lathering although they are also good for bowl lathering as well.

$Brushes Plisson.jpg

What is the difference between the acetate and resin handles? They seem to charge more for the resin.

If the knot does come out it is most likely due to soaking in very hot water. Which shouldn't happen anyway since synthetic brushes shouldn't be soaked at all.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Ive been using mine for 5 months without even a single strand falling out. i must say it seems like quite a hardy brush.

In general, size 12 is 22- 23 mm x 54-55 mm

Top Bottom