What's new

Amazon "Prime Day"

Amazon Prime Day is July 15th. Apparently Amazon is having special deals for those who are signed up for the Prime membership.

So what are you looking for? What did you get that's a good shaving deal?

I imagine that it's going to be more of a deal for those in the Mess Hall and for those looking for electronics than anything else, but one never knows.

I'm going to be watching for blades specifically but will look around for soap and AS as well.

WSP soaps are always on Prime so I'm guessing they might run a deal.

I don't really know what I need to be looking for. Now mind, this doesn't mean that Amazon won't entice, lure, and bait me into something I don't really need but the price may be too good sort of thing.

Well scratch my first post. I have never seen a more hyped up yet let down experience. I went over there this morning to see what ridiculous temptations they would offer up. The big deal? $20 off $100 worth of purchases. Well okay, 20% is pretty good but the deals themselves are sort of obscure. Kindle tablets have some nice discounts but everything else is pretty generic. And it works just like the Lightning Deals. Only so many are available at any one time. I work. I don't have time to sit by the idiot box and watch Amazon all day. I suppose the Price is Right crowd will be able to watch for anything really qualifying as a deal.

I found it disappointing as well. Was hoping to see some items related to my interests, as Amazon regularly sends emails with products related to those I've purchased, but nope. I even have a few things in my "save for later" cart that I set aside to see if any deals were to be had. Again, nope.

There's a lot of random stuff I either have no interest in, or just have no use for. I only looked for a few minutes then gave up. Have to wonder if "Prime Day" is just a fancy label for garage sale. Perhaps Amazon is using it as a guise to clear out overstock and merchandise with poor sales?

I echo Phog Allen's sentiment about the lightning deals. They're annoying. I have work to do. Will not spend a day waiting for deals to open up.

Just started looking at the deals and I'm completely underwhelmed. Saw a copper-clad cook set on a good deal, but that'll been about it.

Very disappointed in the hype. Nothing I'd even want to buy (shaving related or not), and the prices aren't that great either.

Disappointed as well......

Looking at competing sales at Newegg and Wal-Mart is leading a triple-dose of disappointment...

Top Bottom