What's new

Gillette Wilkinson Swords from India

Hello,

I took a chance on the Gilllette Wilkinson Sword blades that are made in India. I have been using the German Swords and love them. I didn't have very high expectations but for the price what the heck. I ordered a hundred from Amazon.

I must say they shaved as good and smooth if not better than the German blades. I liked them so much I ordered another hundred.

I first shaved head and face with a German Sword then the next day shaved with a Indian one. Same razor, prep, cream etc. The only difference was the blade.

I shave with a blade then discard, one and done. I have shaved with them four times with the same set up and each shave was awesome. Don't be afraid to try them YMMV.

Cheers
John

Last edited:
Yep, fantastic blades!

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436842982.220885.jpg

I like them. Nice sharp blades which give good shaves. Only issue is that they don't last very long (about 3 shaves) for me.

I have only used the Wilkinson's made in England, one of my favorite blades....
will have to give the Indie's a go :thumbup1: thanks for the heads up.

Several sellers on eBay will ship the retail package to the US pretty cheaply. 20 tucks on a cardboard backing.

Great blades. Great price.

I can't pass three with them, but I do love them. Used to be in a buck shop here, along with other neat shaving stuff, but alas it has closed.

Sharp and smooth. I get 2 decent shaves out of it. 3rd time I start feeling tug.

Going on ebay for under 9 including shipping from India. Probably the best cheapest blade.

Wow. Are these really a 'one and done' blade? I would like to see someone take it as far as it can go for the One Blade in February event. :thumbup1:

I can't get much more than three shaves from the India Wilkies.
14 from a Pol Silver, but that's a different thread. ;)

I can get passed two weeks with a Nacet or Silver Blue, but only to a third day with these. That said, it's even half the longevity of a Personna, but twice as 'comfortable'. I don't know why the ability to last isn't there, but it is a damned good blade.

Wow. Are these really a 'one and done' blade? I would like to see someone take it as far as it can go for the One Blade in February event. :thumbup1:

No, not one and done. But don't be looking for a month. However, as we've all remarked, they're as comfortable as 10 year old bedroom slippers. And I usually get 5 before I pitch it out. Good prep and good soap help a lot.

I bought 200 of them on a whim before I started getting heavy into restraints. I'm glad I did, but I'm also glad I still have some Personna Blues. These are great blades for the value but I usually have to palm strop them a couple times to get them smooth. They usually last me about a week or so.

Hmmmm, a challenge. I really wanted to use a British Wilkinson Sword, but now I'm thinking Indian Wilkinson Saloon blade.

Top Bottom