What's new

Coffee cup warning in Canada

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
proxy.php

Someone is going to get "brain freeze" from an ice coffee, sue, and they'll have to put a warning on outside that the contents may be cold.

This is why I would never order coffee at a drive-thru. They can hand you a cup of overheated molten lava out the window with a loose lid and expect you to drive away and take your chances. But if you end up frying your crotch, don't bother suing them because popular culture has made such a joke out of hot coffee lawsuits that juries probably won't do anything about it.

This is why I would never order coffee at a drive-thru. They can hand you a cup of overheated molten lava out the window with a loose lid and expect you to drive away and take your chances. But if you end up frying your crotch, don't bother suing them because popular culture has made such a joke out of hot coffee lawsuits that juries probably won't do anything about it.

Would you look both ways before pulling out of the drive-thru? Or just expect everything to be OK?

That's right, you'd check to see if it's safe before piloting your 3,000 pound freeway battering ram out onto the byways.

How much simpler is it then to also take your part in the responsibility to check if the lid is on your coffee cup?

just sayin'....

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
And I hope they never do. IMO anyone dumb enough to not see that the lid on a cup of lava is loose deserves to get burned.

I just don't believe its that simple. There is such a thing as hot, and such a thing as outrageously freaking skin grafty hot. A lot of that coffee seems to sit there cooking in those restaurant machines until it is super hot. And then some putz hands it out the window to you with the lid only halfway on, and you have a dozen cars behind you all waiting for their cup and you need to go to work, so I can see where this kind of injury could happen.

I agree that everyone needs to take responsibility for their actions. Everyone, including these restaurants and coffee shops. I'm not saying let the injured party totally off the hook, they should have been more careful. But the moron behind the window shouldn't get off the hook if he hands you a booby trapped cup of molten lava either. Problem is, pop culture has decreed that the moron in the window gets a pass while the moron in the car gets a hundred percent of the blame. Fault should be apportioned according to the facts of each case.

Top Bottom