What's new

A New DE Razor User

I thought I'd let you know that I convinced a buddy of mine who was a cart user to try shaving with a DE razor.

For years he shaved with carts and was mentioning that he didn't like spending so much money as well for a "throw-away" razor. I donated my Weishi razor to him since I don't really use it all that often. It was part of my regular rotation but only used it once in a rare while. I gave him the razor with a few boxes of DE blades to get him started. i also suggested that he buy a "starter" kit of razor blades to try them all & find the one that worked best for his beard.

A day or so later I saw my buddy again and he was THRILLED with the shave he achieved with his first DE razor. He mentioned that he never got that close a shave with so little effort. He also mentioned that he occasionally has the odd ingrown whisker or two. Now he loves shaving with a DE razor.

It's been a little over a week and he couldn't be happier with his new shaving method. He's now looking forward to buying a much nicer razor of higher quality so I gave him a few helpful suggestions. It's nice convincing a cart user to try going back to shaving with a DE razor.

One more person who see's the light!

Congratulation on the recruitment, Bob. I think most people will choose our way if they get an opportunity (or can be persuaded) to try it.

Awesome!!
I have a similar situation, but my coworkers wife bought him the VDH razor for father's day. I got him a deluxe set and a couple tucks of blades. He likes it alot!!!
And Friday he wanted me to order him an EJ Kelvin off amazon. I think he's hooked... lol

Kudos. Its not easy to convert cart users to DE shaving. They just think it's a hassle.

I am thinking about converting a coworker of mine (and a good friend too), thinking about getting 34c or ej89 to gift him.

Hopefully i will see one in bst soon. I haven seen one in a while.

Kudos. Its not easy to convert cart users to DE shaving. They just think it's a hassle.

I am thinking about converting a coworker of mine (and a good friend too), thinking about getting 34c or ej89 to gift him.

Hopefully i will see one in bst soon. I haven seen one in a while.

No sure where you're located but US amazon has the EJ Kelvin for ~30 and the EJ89LBL for ~ 32.... most even in the GDF would charge that because all other sites they sell for 40-50.

Great job, I recently have converted a friend of mine into DE shaving. He used disposable razors and the Fusion. After his first shave he was so amazed that he phoned me and told me that he couldn't believe it. I knew he would like it because everybody gets the same reaction after their first DE shave.

I know so many guys who hate shaving so instead they grow a beard without the intention of growing one. They're being just too lazy, whenever I start about DE shaving they look at me like I'm crazy or they tell me it's a "grandpa" razor and make fun of it. They don't know what they're missing. I enjoy EVERY shave with my DE razor and within 3 years I have been using it it NEVER got boring.

My father has recently showed an interest in DE shaving. Here soon I'm going to send him an assortment of blades and probably my 48 Aristocrat. All my other DE razors are Gillette open combs and while I started on one I also had a few months of straight razor experience before hand. I'll probably throw in a brush and a couple sticks of Arko too. He has had problems with neck irritation and ingrown hairs so hopefully it helps him.

Top Bottom