What's new

Double ring parade

This is a razor that has alluded me. So I want you to take the opportunity to make me green with envy. Let's see your Gillette Double ring. Bring out the sets, the caseless, the beat up and shiny! Doesn't matter the condition because what you have is better than what I have.

$ringmaster_matt_deturck.jpg

Let the parade begin!

Here is mine to start off the parade!

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 536
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 540
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 534
I don't have full set pics handy, but here is what I could pull up now:

1903-04Pat. Apl'd For/Inverted0 - No Serial #

attachment.php

1905Pat. Nov. 15.0455949

attachment.php

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I got a couple to add:

$IMAG0652.jpg$IMAG0654.jpg

The (cased) one that is in better shape is 230699, and the rougher one is 80239.

Parade on!

Hey, John, does it mean you are buying a "double ring" now?[emoji1]

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my double ring found in rural Alberta ,got it when I first started searching Antique stores and I didn't know what a single or double ring were, he was asking $25 and I thought that was too much for an old black razor and offered $20 which he accepted .Here are the other razors I found on the same trip but different stores,the New is a Goodwill .Here they are after cleaning total cost $120.00 Canadian

Glenn

$road trip.jpg

That's a razor that's eluded me as well, and unless I discover one hiding under an old box in an old house, I probably won't own one anytime soon :(

If nothing else it's a must-have for any Gillette collector. I seem to recall someone had one on ebay a month or so ago asking $275. If I weren't remodeling my kitchen ($$) I probably would have pulled the trigger.

Here are mine

Mike,

Is that a double ring shipper? What year set did that come with? I may have the lithographic stone that was used to make the label on your shipper. I have been trying to figure out what year my stone was from and yours looks like a match for the text and placement of certain themes. I have a 1907 shipper that is similar but not a match. Here are a few pics I took utilizing my handy US Army Khaki mirror. It's tedious but could you confirm it is a match? Much appreciated!

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 393
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 393
Top Bottom