What's new

Who wants to try PannaCrema Nuavia Blu and Nuavia Rossa

Probably should be "A good Hollandaise sauce" as I've seen stuff described as Hollandaise sauce that looked more like lumpy mayonnaise. Come to think of it, I'm seen some lather that looks like that too, but surely not Nuavia :)

Great lather description; "Hollandaise sauce" - I love it!

Let's see some photos!

:popc:

Probably should be "A good Hollandaise sauce" as I've seen stuff described as Hollandaise sauce that looked more like lumpy mayonnaise.

I was going to qualify my description that way too -- but for the other reason. Sometimes Hollandaise sauce can be thin, and that was decidedly not the case with my lather this morning. The main thing I was trying to convey with this analogy was the silky sheen.

I'll see about a photo or two tomorrow.

I can guarantee that any restaurant serving me thin or lumpy (?!?) Hollandaise would be seeking a new saucier in record time. You guys gotta start going to better restaurants! :laugh:

I said I'd be back in a couple of days. Well, I can't wait. After using Nuàvia blue, I want to chime in too. This truly is a flagship product.

After reading what those before me said, I skipped my usual prep to judge the pre-shave qualities of the soap.
You can go from shower to shave without any extra attention to your face.

I noted that you don't need much product. I loaded for less than 10 seconds from the crock, and that was ample.
The density and silkiness of the lather make you think there's egg yolk in it...it's like shaving with Hollandaise sauce!

Plus, you really don't need aftershave either. The face feel afterward is absolutely first-rate.
The scent is subtle and very pleasing. It is lingering, but in a nice unobtrusive way.

Great lather description; "Hollandaise sauce" - I love it!

Let's see some photos!

:popc:

Probably should be "A good Hollandaise sauce" as I've seen stuff described as Hollandaise sauce that looked more like lumpy mayonnaise. Come to think of it, I'm seen some lather that looks like that too, but surely not Nuavia :)

I make a mean Hollandaise, according to Julia Child's recipe. Perhaps I should treat my wife to some Eggs Benedict this weekend prior to my shave. :w00t:

This morning I tried the Rossa. Alas, I've got a cold, so I'm not enjoying the scent to full advantage. It strikes me as more delicate than the Blu's, though.

I purposely loaded for just five seconds with my Berkeley 46, which had been soaking just briefly (less than a minute).
By the way, smallish brushes are the right size to load straight from the crock. Yesterday I used a Semogue 620.

Below is the lather I got after dipping the tips of the brush in water quickly.
It was plenty for three passes plus touchup.

Maybe it was because of the touchup, but my face felt a trifle itchy afterward.
I thought about a go of Lucky Tiger but decided against it.
That was the right thing -- it would have detracted from what Nuàvia does. Again the post-shave face feel is great.

Note that you can go ATG on troublesome spots like the throat in confidence.

$Nuavia_Rossa.jpg

Ken described Nuavia as smelling similar to Aramis. Thanks to the soap sample passaround I got a chance to smell Aramis today for the first time. It's too earthy and cologne like for me. That's a little concerning but based on what I'm hearing about the performance of Nuavia I'm still looking forward to my turn. If it's as good as you guys are describing I'll either learn to like the smell or I'll stick cotton balls up my nose. [emoji2]

For what it's worth, the Aramis soap in the sample box didn't smell anything like the cologne I remember my father wearing. Either it's changed over the years or the soap is just a poor representative for the scent.

Don't write off Nuavia based on that…

I was going to write about the scent of the Blu anyway after today's shave with it, and these most recent comments sealed that intention.
I have Aramis aftershave -- and like it -- but I don't think Blu's scent is similar at all.
Aramis aftershave is quite potent. I use it just a few drops at a time. A couple of months ago I went heavier and my wife asked me to tone it down.

Nuàvia Blu is much more restrained. Plus, it's got its own distinct profile. I can't really compare it to anything else I know, which is good.

Otherwise, today I loaded quite sparingly again -- only about five seconds -- but a slight concavity has developed in the soap.
I don't have a sensitive enough scale to know how much is being used, but you really don't need much.

The cocoa color of Blu is pleasing. When I rinse the razor off, you can still see traces of tan in the white.

The density of the lather is also evidenced by how long little solid islands of it stay floating in the sink.

As for the shave itself: again great results with 2 1/2 passes plus touch-up. No prep or aftershave needed.
Some might feel deprived by not having to use splash or balm!

I just found this thread. Is there any chance to get added to the list? Its killing me that I missed this.

Hopefully, we'll be doing another round once this one is finished so you can likely get in on the round two list. The soap seems to be holding up fairly well and I'm open to keeping this going until either we run out of interest or run out of soap. The guys are staying on top of it and it's moving fairly quickly so far. Just keep an eye on the thread as I'll be taking names for round two once this gets toward the end of the list.

I used PC Labdano this morning and man it did not disappoint. Not the great long lasting scent of the Nuvias but incredible shave.

Thanks tientz. I was wondering about a comparison of the shaves between the "regular" PannaCrema and the Nuvia. Do you (or anyone) else have any more of a comparison between the two lines?

(I scanned the pages of this thread so far and didn't see much that answered my question. I apologize if I missed something and it was previously discussed.)

I've used a three PannaCrema soaps as well as both Nuavia soaps. The soap formula is completely different between the two soap lines. I do like the PannaCrema line quite a bit as it's really excellent soap however the Nuavia line takes it to a whole new level.

Scent wise the PannaCrema scents are much less bold. They are pleasant and very likable, but scent aside the difference in performance is substantial.

I'd highly recommend the PannaCrema line as it's on par with any of the excellent soaps out there. I'm extremely particular and I have it in my shave den. Before trying the Nuavia I'd give it a lot of praise and highly recommend it as one of the very best stuff soaps you can buy. It's about as good as anything else available except for Nuavia.

The new Nuavia soaps are now the very best I've ever tried and noticeably better than the PannaCrema line as well as all of the other high end soaps I've tried, and I've tried hundreds. Marco seems to have found the whole next level in performance with the Nuavia soaps and he's the only one that's there right now.

Thanks David. I've got the regular PannaCrema on my "to-buy" list and hope to get in on the next round of the Nuavia if possible.

Thanks David. I've got the regular PannaCrema on my "to-buy" list and hope to get in on the next round of the Nuavia if possible.

You're welcome and definitely do try the PannaCrema as it's really an excellent product. I have the Lavandotto and the Vetiver and both are great scents that are very easy to like. I think they'd appeal to a lot of people so they are likely a safe bet scent wise.

Please do jump in on the next round of this passaround. Just start watching it closely as it gets toward the end of this round. I'll likely just keep this thread going and use it for the next round as well so maybe subscribe to it and feel free to get involved.

Top Bottom