What's new

Quick Question About Straight Razors

I am new to the safety razor world and have a couple buddies giving me recommendations about that but I am interested in getting a straight razor. I have always enjoyed going to a traditional barber and getting a good straight razor shave. So for the quick question, what would be recommended for a beginning straight razor that is quality but not incredibly expensive. Thanks for the help in advance.

Lots of good brands, are you looking for new or vintage. I do however no matter what you choose get a round point and a larger blade. The round point cuts you less and the larger blade helps you find angle better. How much are you looking to spend. If you want to start of cheap look in vender area for a gold dollar that is shave ready. It was my first from buca for 28 bucks that is still sharp as heck

Do you prefer a used or new razor. How much do you want to spend initially on your new shaving hobby. You will need a razor strop so include the cost into your estimate.

As mentioned: you'll need to define "not incredibly expensive".

Factor a strop in your budget and, in the future, a hone to maintain the blade (else: someone who can re-hone the blade for you).

I am willing to spend $50-75 for my first one and if I like it move up from there. I am not really picky as far as new or vintage, just a decent blade in general.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I would be quite happy starting with a sight unseen deal (straight and strop) from Larry at Whipped Dog.

Top Bottom